Employer Vanpool and Carpool/RideMatch Program Information
VanpoolWith DART's vanpooling program, six to 15 of your employees can share the ride to work for $335** a month, divided among all riders. It doesn't cost your company anything, unless, of course, you choose to subsidize the cost as a benefit to your employees and take advantage of the "commuter benefit" tax advantage. DART supplies the van and insurance.
DART's Vanpool goes anywhere, anytime, so long as either the work or home destination is within Dallas, Denton or Collin Counties and does not originate within Tarrant County or other counties that we consider to be served by the vanpool program of the Fort Worth Transportation Authority (the T).
Vanpools breeze past stop-and-go traffic on our growing network of high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes, while getting your employees to work on time, relaxed and ready to work. Best of all, it takes as many as 14 vehicles out of your parking lot.
Emergency Ride HomeThis service is provided for vanpoolers who have personal or work-related emergencies. Riders are given a ride home via taxi or a rental car, available two times each quarter. The cost of the Emergency Ride Home co-pay is $10.
- Van and insurance included
- $335** per month, per van, flat rate
- Six-person minimum for eight-passenger vans
- 10-person minimum for 15-passenger vans
- Employer subsidy encouraged
- Ideal for longer commutes
- Includes Emergency Ride Home ($10)
- Routine maintenance included
How the Program Works
- Drivers and passengers recruited
- DART issues agreement
- Applicant driving record verified
- Training is provided to drivers
- Van is issued
- $335** per van per month
- Driver participates for free
- Federal tax benefits
- Valued fringe benefit
- Opens new and distant job markets
- Improves recruitment and retention
- Improves employee productivity
- Lowers costs of parking
- Simple to administer
- Reduces traffic congestion and pollution
- Ability to use HOV lanes
- Discounted transportation
- Reduces driving/parking costs
- Reduces traffic hassles
- Van available to driver seven days a week
- Pre-tax (tax-free) employee benefit
- Emergency Ride Home
** PLEASE NOTE: $335 for 15-passenger vans, $315 for eight-passenger vans
Price does not include the cost of gasoline. Vanpool participants are responsible for all fuel charges. Due to the high demand for vehicles and budgetary limits, vehicles will be issued on a first come, first served basis.
For more information, call DART at 214-747-RIDE (7433)
click here to contact DART's Employer Pass Team online
for more information
If not vanpooling, try carpooling.Carpooling is another way your employees can avoid the aggravation of rush hour, while reducing traffic and pollution. And, as with vanpooling, it reduces the cost of parking.
10 Tips to Successful Carpooling.
For more information on carpooling,
visit tryparkingit.com to get started.