DART Rail Construction Alerts
July 5, 2016
Streetcar Extension Will Require Partial Line Closure in July, Effective July 9-17, 2016With the official opening of the Dallas Streetcar's extension to Bishop Arts less than two months away, one final construction project will require partial shutdown of service July 9-17, 2016.
As during the previous service closure, the streetcar will operate between from Union Station and Oakenwald stops only. From Oakenwald to Beckley, Route 722 D-Link is available Monday through Saturday, 11:30 a.m.-midnight. During non-D-Link hours, a free DART shuttle bus will serve that segment.
This construction will involve connection of existing and newly installed overhead power lines that will allow vehicle testing along Beckley and Zang to begin on Monday, July 18. As always, we urge you to exercise caution around construction and testing zones and to obey all warning signage.
June 27, 2016
Construction Resumes On Blue Line Segment Over July 9-10 WeekendShuttle buses will replace Blue Line trains between Kiest, VA Medical Center and Ledbetter stations, on Saturday and Sunday, July 9-10, 2016, as critical work on the overhead power lines continues.
Unlike the closure that took place June 18-19, there will be no road construction occurring simultaneously. Buses will be able to use Lancaster Road in both directions, shortening travel times between affected station. In the interest of passenger safety near the work site, parking at Ledbetter Station will again be suspended.
One additional weekend service disruption will occur July 23-24 prior to the beginning of service to Camp Wisdom and UNT Dallas stations on October 24. We appreciate your patience.
Any time you undertake a construction project, the possibility for danger is elevated. DART is urging everyone to be extra careful around its facilities, vehicles and especially the construction areas. Here are 10 tips you should know.
- Stop, look and listen for DART vehicles.
- Cross the street or track at designated crosswalks only.
- Never walk, ride or play in front of or behind a DART vehicle.
- Children should always exit the bus through the front door.
- Do not walk, ride or play in a construction area.
- Never walk, ride or play on or near railroad tracks.
- Always stand behind the textured warning strips on rail platforms.
- Be careful when driving or turning across train tracks.
- Never try to beat a train through a crossing.
- Remember: Safety begins with you. Talk to your family.