DART Rail Construction Alerts - Archives
|Select a station area below to view DART construction activity in that area:||
|Northwest - Market Center
Northwest - Love Field West
Northwest - Walnut Hill/Denton
Northwest - Farmers Branch
|Southeast - Downtown Dallas
Southeast - Deep Ellum
Southeast - Fair Park
Southeast - Hatcher
Southeast - Lake June
June 25, 2007
Green Line (Northwest Corridor):Downtown Dallas:
• Houston St. between Harry Hines to Victory Ave. is reduced to one lane southbound. View a street location map.
Market Center Community:
• An additional temporary southbound lane along Harry Hines Blvd. has been opened to enhance traffic flow adjacent to the future Market Center Station. View a street location map.
• Harry Hines Blvd. between Wycliff Ave. and Market Center Blvd. will be reduced to two lanes in each direction during DART Rail construction. View a street location map.
• Lucas Drive between Harry Hines Blvd. and Production Drive has been reopened. Kendall Drive will be closed for waste water line installation and traffic will be rerouted to Production Drive. View a street location map.
Love Field West Community:
• Portions of Denton Drive between Egan Avenue and Mockingbird Lane are closed due to relocation of Dallas Water Utilities lines in preparation for DART Light Rail expansion in the area. Denton Drive between Fielder Court and Mockingbird Lane will be closed in both directions for the duration of the project. Motorists wishing to travel between Fielder Court and Mockingbird will be directed over either Cedar Springs Road or Maple Avenue. Fielder Court traffic will be able to reach southbound Denton only. View a street location map.
• Note: Love Field Auto, 6420 Denton Drive, will be open during this work. (www.lovefieldauto.com)
Neighborhood Construction Advisory - West of Love Field
Effective on or about July 2, 2007
Construction on DART's exciting Green Line expansion into Northwest Dallas, Farmers Branch and Carrollton has begun in earnest and will enter in a new phase on or about July 2, 2007, which will continue until passenger service officially begins in December 2010. Listed below is a brief outline of how some of the major streets in the neighborhood west of Love Field will be affected. Please see the area map in a new window.
- Denton Drive @ Mockingbird Lane
Motorists should expect periodic lane reduction on both streets as various construction stages proceed during the project.
- Gilford Avenue, Anson Road, and Burbank Street: approximately 4-6 months
The above streets will be temporarily closed between Denton Drive and just west of Little Denton for reconstruction. This will include temporarily closing off access to these streets from Little Denton and Denton Drive. During the closures, traffic will be detoured along other streets to reach Denton Drive.
- Wyman Street @ Denton Drive: approximately 2-3 months
Traffic on Wyman will be reduced to one lane in each direction just west of the railroad crossing; these lanes will shift as construction stages proceed.
Notice of Temporary Street Closures south of Denton Drive and Walnut Hill Lane
Effective Saturday, June 30, 2007
Due to weather related issues this past weekend, delivery and storage of the rails and related material has been delayed. The delivery and storage will take place within the railroad right-of-way east of Denton Drive.
This rail delivery project will require the temporary closure for 2 to 3 days of several area streets feeding into Denton Drive from the east — Blystone Lane, Reward Lane, Anode Lane and Congressman Lane. Denton may be reached from any of these streets by using Monroe Drive to Ladybird or Walnut Hill Lane (Please see map in a new window.)
We apologize in advance for this brief inconvenience.
Notice of Street Closures south of Denton Drive and Walnut Hill Lane
Effective on or about July 2, 2007
Construction for DART's exciting Green Line Expansion Program into Northwest Dallas, Farmers Branch and Carrollton, is underway and will continue until the new passenger service begins in December 2010. Construction in this area will necessitate occasional traffic shifts and detours as some of the local streets and infrastructure are improved. Below is a list of the first streets that will be affected by construction in the Walnut Hill/Denton area starting on or about July 2, 2007. Please see the area map in a new window.
- Century Drive
Century Drive between Doric Street and Denton Drive will permanently close. Local business traffic wishing to access Denton Drive from the east will need to detour along Doric Street to Abernathy Avenue and Lombardy Lane. This work will be followed by subsequent traffic shifts at this location--each lasting for several weeks--to allow for the reconstruction of Century Drive with a direct connection to Abernathy Lane. Road construction on Century Drive is anticipated to continue until Fall 2009.
- Blystone Lane and Anode Lane: Approximately 2-3 months
Blystone and Anode Lanes at the railroad crossings will temporarily close to allow for reconstruction of the crossing. Traffic wishing to access Denton Drive from the east will need to detour via Monroe Drive and Reward or Congressman Lanes to Denton Drive.
• As construction begins in Farmers Branch, Richland Avenue and Fruitland Avenue will close permanently at the railroad crossing adjacent to Denton Drive, on or around April 20, 2007. You may access Denton Drive from the east by taking Bee Street, then either Squire Place on the north or Havenhurst Street on the south. From Denton Drive, take either Havenhurst or Squire Place and Bee Street to reach Richland or Fruitland. (Please see map in a new window.)
Green Line (Southeast Corridor):Downtown Dallas:
Live Oak Exit Closure
Effective Sunday, June 17, 2007
The Live Oak exit on southbound US 75 (Exit 284C) will be closed starting Sunday night, June 17 and remain closed until June 2009. The closure is part of DART's Green Line Rail construction around the Bryan/Hawkins intersection. Two bridges in the area are being removed and the road is being lowered to street level.
Motorists who typically take the Live Oak exit are advised to either exit at Lemmon or take the Ross exit and travel to Pearl St. View a street location map.
Northbound traffic is not affected at this time.
• To support construction around the Bryan/Hawkins intersection:
• Motorists will not be able to make left turns from Leonard St. across the DART Rail tracks.
View a street location map.
Deep Ellum Community:
• Live Oak is reduced to one lane in each direction at Good Latimer. View a street location map.
• Swiss Ave. is one lane in each direction at Good Latimer. View a street location map.
• Miranda St. is closed at Good Latimer. View a street location map.
• Florence St. no longer crosses Good Latimer. View a street location map.
• Malcolm X Blvd. between Junius and Indiana is reduced to one lane in each direction until Spring 2007. View a street location map.
• There will be daily lane closures at Junius between Malcolm X Blvd. and Hall St. View a street location map.
• Hall St. between Worth St. and Indiana Blvd. remains reduced to one lane in each direction until Summer 2007. View a street location map.
• Eastside Ave. is permanently closed between Washington and Main. View a street location map.
• Willow St. is permanently closed at the DART Rail tracks. View a street location map.
• Pacific Ave. between Hill and Parry is permanently closed. View a street location map.
• Main St. between Exposition Ave. and Washington Ave. is reduced to one lane in each direction until Spring 2007. View a street location map.
Fair Park Community:
• First Ave. at Parry is one way until Spring 2007. First Ave. east of Parry will normally flow as one way east (into Fair Park). Traffic will be on the south side of the street for the next three or four months and then will switch to the north side (on the new pavement). It is anticipated that the final configuration of the intersection will be open in approximately 10 months.
During events the traffic flow may be switched to flow west (out of Fair Park). That will be determined on an event by event basis and will be controlled by the Dallas Police Department. View a street location map.
• Parry Ave., along Fair Park between Peak St. and Grand Ave. is reduced to one lane in each direction until late Spring 2007. View a street location map.
• Trunk Ave., west of Grand Ave. is closed until Spring 2007. View a street location map.
• Ash Lane is closed between Fourth and Trunk. View a street location map.
• Trunk is closed between Gunter and Grand Ave. View a street location map.
• Trunk is closed between Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. and J. B. Jackson, Jr. Blvd. View a street location map.
• Trunk is closed between Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. and McDermott. View a street location map.
• J. B. Jackson, Jr. Blvd. is closed between Gunter Ave. and Elihu St. View a street location map.
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. between Meadow and J. B. Jackson, Jr. Blvd. is reduced to one lane in each direction. View a street location map.
• Separate from the DART Rail construction in the area, Dallas Water Utilities will be reconstructing a wastewater main along Trunk Ave. between Peabody Ave. and Dallas Ave. causing street closures and detours through Spring 2007. View a street location map.
• Two lanes will be closed near Scyene Road and 2nd Avenue going toward Fair Park. View a street location map.
• Pine Street will be reopened and 2nd Avenue will be closed in both directions. View a street location map.
• Traffic along Hatcher St. at Scyene Rd. will be reduced to one lane in each direction. View a street location map.
• There will be daily lane closures at the intersection of Scyene Rd. and Hatcher St. View a street location map.
• The following streets are permanently closed at Scyene:
• An eastbound lane of Dixon Avenue will be closed near the intersection with Scyene Road. View a street location map.
• Scyene has various southbound lanes closed between Dixon and Lawnview through Spring 2007. View a street location map.
Lake June Community:
• Two northbound right lanes of Jim Miller between U.S. 175 Service Road and Rosemont Road will be closed for utility work. Traffic on U.S. 175 Service Road will not be affected. View a street location map.
Any time you undertake a construction project, the possibility for danger is elevated. DART is urging everyone to be extra careful around its facilities, vehicles and especially the construction areas. Here are 10 tips you should know.
- Stop, look and listen for DART vehicles.
- Cross the street or track at designated crosswalks only.
- Never walk, ride or play in front of or behind a DART vehicle.
- Children should always exit the bus through the front door.
- Do not walk, ride or play in a construction area.
- Never walk, ride or play on or near railroad tracks.
- Always stand behind the textured warning strips on rail platforms.
- Be careful when driving or turning across train tracks.
- Never try to beat a train through a crossing.
- Remember: Safety begins with you. Talk to your family.