DART Transit System PlanDART currently operates an extensive transit system consisting of:
- 85 miles of DART Rail with 61 stations
- 34-mile Trinity Railway Express (TRE) commuter rail between Dallas and Fort Worth
- More than 150 bus routes, including on-call zones, flex routes, shuttles, and new Rapid Ride services
- Paratransit and mobility management services for mobility impaired customers
- Construction of the last segment of the Orange Line to DFW Airport Terminal A is underway with completion scheduled in late 2014.
- Design and construction for the South Oak Cliff Blue Line extension from Ledbetter Station to UNT-Dallas has been initiated to support an opening date in late 2016.
- An Alternatives Analysis (AA) for a second LRT alignment (D2) through downtown Dallas is underway.
- Planning documentation and conceptual engineering for the Cotton Belt Regional Rail Corridor has been done to support potential innovative funding approaches that may accelerate project delivery.
2040 Transit System Plan UpdateDART is initiating the next update of the Transit System Plan with a horizon year of 2040. Given funding constraints through 2030, the 2040 Transit System Plan will emphasize smaller, low-cost services, programs and projects through 2030 that can optimize the current transit system from both a customer and a operating perspective. The timeframe from 2030 to 2040 will examine capital expansion opportunities, including a re-evaluation of projects recommended in the 2030 Transit System Plan, and identification of new potential projects that respond to changing land use and travel patterns. D2 will be a priority in the planning process given its regional significance for overall system sustainability and core capacity.
The 2040 Transit System Plan will also assess needs outside the DART Service Area to identify opportunities for expansion in communities not currently served by DART.
If you would like more information or would like to be involved in the next update, please feel free to contact us:
Transit System Plan Project Manager
DART Contact Information
|Mailing Address:||Dallas Area Rapid Transit
P.O. Box 660163
Dallas, Texas 75266-7232