Media Relations Contact:
Mark A. Ball
December 17, 2012
DART and TRE make holiday plans
Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) and the Trinity Railway Express (TRE) have announced their Christmas holiday schedules:
Monday, December 24
Tuesday, December 25
- DART - Buses and light rail will operate on a Saturday schedule. Note: bus route 703 will operate its usual weekday schedule until 8 p.m. At that time, it will operate on a Saturday schedule.
- TRE - A regular weekday schedule.
- Paratransit - Regular subscription trips will be canceled. Customers needing service for Monday, Dec. 24, are encouraged to begin calling Thursday, Dec. 20. The Paratransit Scheduling Center will also be closed. However, next day scheduling will be accepted using our voicemail booking system and DART's automated booking feature, X-Press Booking. To speak with a staff person, customers may begin calling Thursday, Dec. 20, to schedule service through Tuesday, Dec. 25. Customers should call 214-515-7272 and choose Option 3 to schedule their trip.
DART's Customer Information Center will be closed Tuesday, Dec. 25, but open from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 24, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Customers needing schedule information can call 214-979-1111. The DART Customer Care Center will be closed Monday, Dec. 24 and Tuesday, Dec. 25. DART route and schedule information is also available on www.DART.org and TRE information is at www.TrinityRailwayExpress.org.
- DART administrative offices are closed.
- DART - Buses and light rail will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- TRE - No service.
- Paratransit - Sunday schedule.
- HOV - The high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes on I-30 (East R.L. Thornton), on I-30 West (Tom Landry Freeway), the reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E (Stemmons) HOV lane, the direct connector ramp between the US 75 and I-635 HOV lanes, and the section of the I-35E/US 67 (South R. L. Thornton/Marvin D. Love) HOV lanes from downtown Dallas to Loop 12 will all be closed. The remaining portion of the I-35 (Stemmons) HOV lanes, the I-635 (LBJ) HOV lanes, the US 75 (Central Expressway) HOV lanes, and the I-35E/US 67 HOV lanes from Loop 12 to Camp Wisdom Road will be open 24 hours a day as usual.
-- 30 --