Media Relations Contact:
Mark A. Ball
November 15, 2013
DART and TRE announce Thanksgiving holiday changes
Dallas Area Rapid Transit and the Trinity Railway Express want your travel this Thanksgiving to succeed without “gobbling” up your time and “carving” into your holiday family festivities by being aware of a few transit changes.
Route and schedule information is always available at www.DART.org.
- Buses and light rail trains will operate on a Sunday schedule Thursday, Nov. 28 and a Saturday schedule Friday, Nov. 29.
- The Trinity Railway Express (TRE) will not operate on Thanksgiving Day. On Friday, it will follow a modified schedule. Schedule details are available at TrinityRailwayExpress.org.
- DART Paratransit will operate on a holiday schedule on Thanksgiving Day and the day after. The Paratransit Scheduling Center will be closed on Thursday and Friday. This means regular subscription trips are canceled on those days. Customers may call on Wednesday, Nov. 27 to schedule service for Thursday, Nov. 28 through Tuesday, Dec. 3. Customers should call 214-515-7272 and choose Option 3 to schedule their trip. Next day scheduling is also available each day using DART's voice mail booking application and automated X-Press Booking feature.
- DART administrative offices and the Customer Care Center -- which handles complaints, commendations, suggestions, and lost and found -- will be closed both Thanksgiving Day and Friday.
- DART's Customer Information Center will be closed on Thanksgiving Day but will open Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is available by calling 214-979-1111.
-- 30 --