Media Relations Contact:
Mark A. Ball
November 10, 2014
DART and TRE announce plans for Thanksgiving weekend
If you plan to travel on Dallas Area Rapid Transit or the Trinity Railway Express during the long Thanksgiving holiday weekend, check the following before starting your trip:
- All downtown Dallas light rail service will be shut down Thursday, Nov. 27, to Sunday, Nov. 30, to replace aging train tracks. DART shuttle buses will serve the affected stations. Buses will load and unload at the red "Rail Disruption" bus stops located near each station. Learn more at www.DART.org/cbdrailreplacement.
- Buses and light rail trains will operate on a Sunday schedule Thursday, Nov. 27 and a Saturday schedule Friday, Nov. 28.
- The Trinity Railway Express (TRE) will not operate on Thanksgiving Day. On Friday, it will follow a modified schedule. Schedule details are available at TrinityRailwayExpress.org.
- DART Paratransit will operate on a holiday schedule on Thanksgiving Day and the day after. The Paratransit Scheduling Center will be closed on Thursday and Friday. This means regular subscription trips are canceled on those days. Customers may call on Wednesday, Nov. 26 to schedule service for Thursday, Nov. 27 through Tuesday, Dec. 2. Customers should call 214-515-7272 and choose Option 3 to schedule their trip. Next day scheduling is also available each day using DART's voice mail booking application and automated X-Press Booking feature.
- DART's Customer Information Center will be closed on Thanksgiving Day but will open Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is available by calling 214-979-1111.
- DART administrative offices and the Customer Care Center -- which handles complaints, commendations, suggestions, and lost and found -- will be closed both Thanksgiving Day and Friday.
Find answers to your route and schedule questions at www.DART.org.
-- 30 --