Media Relations Contact:Morgan Lyons
August 23, 2000
Holiday Schedule for DART Services on Labor Day, Monday, September 4
Most DART services will run on a Saturday schedule on Monday, September 4, in observance of the Labor Day holiday.
- DART bus and light rail services will follow a Saturday schedule on Monday.
- The Trinity Railway Express commuter rail service will not operate on Monday.
- The High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane on I-30 East R.L. Thornton will be closed Monday. The reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E Stemmons HOV lane also will be closed as will the portion of the I-35E/US 67 HOV lane between Louisiana Avenue and Loop 12.
- The Stemmons HOV lanes and the HOV lanes on LBJ Freeway and South R.L. Thornton (I-35E/US 67) south of Loop 12 will be open 24 hours a day as usual.
- DART Paratransit Services for customers with disabilities will operate a Sunday schedule. This means regular subscription trips are canceled, and any customer needing service on Monday, September 4 must call two days in advance to schedule their trips. Customers should call 214-515-7272, and choose Option 3 to schedule their trip.
DART administrative offices are closed Labor Day. However, customers with questions about DART schedules may still contact Customer Service that day at 214-979-1111 from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. DART route and schedule information is always available at DART's website, www.DART.org.
-- 30 --