Media Relations Contact:
Independence Day Holiday Schedule for DART Services
DART services will operate on a Saturday schedule on Monday, July 5, in observance of the Independence Day holiday. Customers should be aware of the following:
DART administrative offices are closed Monday. However, customers with questions about DART schedules may still contact Customer Service at 214-979-1111 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. DART route and schedule information is always available on the DART website, DART.org.
- Bus and light rail services will follow a Saturday schedule.
- Bus routes 202, 204/247, 206 and 283 will follow a special schedule on July 5. Customers should look for the Rider Alert on DART vehicles or at DART facilities or visit the Current Rider Alert section of DART.org for details. Other bus routes that don't ordinarily operate on Saturdays will not operate on Monday, July 5.
- The Trinity Railway Express commuter rail will not operate.
- The High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane on I-30 (East R.L. Thornton) will be closed, as will the reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E (Stemmons) HOV lane. The HOV lane on I-35E/US 67 that runs from Downtown Dallas to Loop 12 will also be closed.
- The remaining portion of the Stemmons HOV lanes, the HOV lanes on LBJ Freeway, and the HOV lanes on I-35E/US 67 from Loop 12 to Camp Wisdom Road will, as usual, be open 24 hours.
- DART Paratransit services for customers with disabilities will operate on a Saturday schedule. The Paratransit Scheduling Center will be closed on Independence Day. Customers may call Tuesday, July 6 to book their trips for Wednesday, July 7 and Sunday, July 4 to book their trips for Tuesday, July 6. X-Press Booking is also available.
-- 30 --