Media Relations Contact:
Mark A. Ball
June 22, 2011
DART Announces July 4 Holiday Schedule
Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) will operate on the following schedule in celebration of the Independence Day holiday, Monday, July 4:
DART administrative offices are closed Monday. However, customers with questions about DART schedules may still contact the Customer Information Center at 214-979-1111 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, July 3, and Monday, July 4. DART's Customer Care Center and Lost and Found will also be closed on Sunday and Monday. DART route and schedule information is always available on the DART website, www.DART.org, and information on special holiday destinations served by DART is available at www.DART.org/fireworks.
- Bus and light rail services will follow a Sunday schedule.
- The Trinity Railway Express will not operate.
- The following High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes will be closed, July 4: I-30 (East R.L. Thornton) and on I-30 West (Tom Landry Freeway); the reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E (Stemmons) HOV lane; the reversible HOV ramp between the US 75 and the I-635 HOV lanes; and the section of the I-35E/U.S. 67 (South R. L. Thornton/Marvin D. Love) HOV lanes from downtown Dallas to Loop 12.
- The remaining portion of the Stemmons HOV lanes, the lanes on LBJ Freeway, the US 75 lanes, and the lanes on I-35E/U.S. 67 from Loop 12 to Camp Wisdom Road will be open.
- DART Paratransit services for customers with disabilities will operate on a Saturday schedule Monday, July 4. X-Press Booking and Voice Mail Booking are available, but the Paratransit Scheduling Center will be closed on Monday, July 4. Customers may call the center Thursday, June 30 to book their trips through Monday, July 4, and Friday, July 1, to book their trips through Tuesday, July 5.
-- 30 --