Media Relations Contact:
Mark A. Ball
December 15, 2011
Monday, January 2, 2012
Ride with the "big cats" on DART to TicketCity Bowl
Dallas Area Rapid Transit's (DART) Green Line is the "purr"-fect way for fans of the Nittany Lions and Cougars to get to the 2012 TicketCity Bowl at the Cotton Bowl featuring Penn State and Houston at 11 a.m., Monday, Jan. 2, 2012. View the DART Rail System Map
Avoid that "caged-in" feeling of traffic and parking fees by riding DART to either of two Green Line stations -- Fair Park, located on Parry Avenue at the entrance to the fairgrounds, and MLK, Jr., located south of R.B. Cullum Blvd. and convenient to both the MLK fairground entrance (Gate 6) and the Cotton Bowl Stadium.
Transfering to the Green Line from both the Red and Blue lines can be done at any of the four downtown rail stations: West End, Akard, St. Paul or Pearl.
Local Day passes for riders headed to the game (DART Rail, local bus) are $4 and can be purchased by cash or credit card at ticket vending machines located at all DART stations. Customers riding the Trinity Railway Express from Fort Worth should purchase the $10 regional day pass.
Before the game
- Starting at 6:55 a.m., DART Rail will operate on 15-minute intervals for Red Line departures from Parker Road Station until 10:25 a.m.
- Green Line trains from West End to Fair Park Station will depart every 10-15 minutes between 8:05 a.m. and 11:15 a.m.
- Green Line trains will depart Union Station approximately every 20-30 minutes between 7:40 a.m. and 11:02 a.m. for the 18-minute ride to Fair Park Station.
- Blue Line trains will follow a regular Saturday schedule.
- TRE trains to Dallas, where customers will transfer from Union Station to DART's Green Line to Fair Park Station, will operate on a modified Saturday schedule. Schedule details can be found at TrinityRailwayExpress.org. The last train from Fort Worth in time for the kick-off departs at 8:47 a.m.
After the game
- Green Line customers will use regular service from MLK, Jr. and Fair Park stations.
- To return to Plano and Garland or West Oak Cliff, board a Green Line train at Fair Park or MLK, Jr. stations and ride to any of the four downtown stations to transfer to a Red Line or Blue Line train.
- Returning to Union Station, board a Green Line train at Fair Park or MLK, Jr. stations and transfer at Pearl Station to a Red Line train (WESTMORELAND destination sign ) or Blue Line (LEDBETTER destination sign).
- TRE customers will use regular Green Line service to Victory Station.
Additional details about DART service are available at DART.org or by calling Customer Information at 214-979-1111.
-- 30 --