DART Rider Alerts
Effective Date: 10/22/2012
New, Smaller Buses Make Neighborhood Debut During OctoberIn response to customer requests for a vehicle more suited to neighborhood needs, DART introduces a new concept in transit on selected routes beginning in late October.
At 26 ft. in length, and seating 17 passengers, the smaller buses, similar to those currently in Flex and On-Call service, will be lighter and easier to maneuver on narrower streets while still providing the amenities of their larger counterparts being introduced on heavier traveled routes in the system.
Customers on the following routes in Plano, North Dallas, Addison, Garland, Carrollton and Irving will be among the first to receive the new buses: 346, 348, 360, 380, 503, 505, 521, 536
As additional units are delivered, they will appear on similar routes throughout the system. Thanks for riding DART.
Featured Rider Alerts:
- DART and TRE announce plans for Thanksgiving weekend (Posted today at 10:21 AM)
- Rail Service Interruption Notice, Downtown Dallas Only, October 25 - November 30, 2014 (weekends only) (Posted on Nov 26 at 4:37 PM)
Current Rider Alerts:
- Downtown Bus Riders Should Prepare for Detours During Dallas Children's Health Holiday Parade on Saturday, December 6
- Current Route Detours (Effective for routes 12, 26, 29, 60, 76, 110, 111, 161, 164, 206, 234, 278, 283, 401, 488, 500, 507, 521, 525, 553, D-Link (722))
- Bus Riders Should Prepare for Detours During Capital One Bank Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot on Thursday, November 27
- A Special Message to AAC Customers Regarding DART Weekend Rail Service, Effective October 25-November 30, 2014
Other Customer Information:
DART Rail Construction Alerts