DART Rider Alerts
Effective Date: 12/3/2012
DART's Blue Line to Rowlett highlights service and fare changes effective Mon, Dec 3Dallas Area Rapid Transit's 4.5-mile Blue Line extension from Downtown Garland Station to the new Downtown Rowlett Station opens Dec. 3 as part of major service and fare changes that include updated pass choices for shorter and off-peak trips.
Note: The new rail schedule starts Mon, Nov 19. The final part of operator training begins Mon, Nov 19 when DART introduces a new light rail schedule that accommodates the Dec 3 opening of the new Orange and Blue line stations as well as the adjustment of bus routes connecting to them.
Most light rail customers will notice only small differences with the new schedule, but they are encouraged to get a new rail pocket guide for exact schedules on all lines.
Regular service to Downtown Rowlett, North Lake College and Belt Line stations does not begin until Dec 3.
The new fare structure provides regional fare consistency with DCTA and The T, minimizing the impact on customers who are transit-dependent. Details about the changes can be found in brochures available on DART vehicles, inside transit centers, by visiting www.DART.org or by calling 214-979-1111.
• View more information about December 3 service and fare changes.
The long-awaited Downtown Rowlett Station gives passengers from that city access to the entire DART Rail System. The station features 750 parking spaces and an architectural design reflecting the community's distinctive personality.
On the same day, DART opens the 3.9-mile Orange Line extension from Irving Convention Center Station, adding the North Lake College and Belt Line Road stations. Those stations advance the Orange Line toward its eventual terminus at DFW International Airport. It allows North Texans to expand connections to educational opportunities, the arts, air travel, meetings, conventions and more. The addition of two stations gives Irving five light rail stops.
Featured Rider Alerts:
- Rail Service Interruption Notice, Downtown Dallas Only, October 25 - November 30, 2014 (weekends only) (Posted on Nov 18 at 4:37 PM)
Current Rider Alerts:
- Bus Riders Should Prepare for Detours During Capital One Bank Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot on Thursday, November 27
- Current Route Detours (Effective for routes 12, 26, 29, 60, 76, 110, 111, 161, 164, 206, 210, 234, 278, 283, 350, 401, 451, 488, 500, 507, 521, 525, 553, D-Link (722))
- A Special Message to AAC Customers Regarding DART Weekend Rail Service, Effective October 25-November 30, 2014
Other Customer Information:
DART Rail Construction Alerts