Metro Arlington Xpress (MAX)
(Express Bus Route 221)
Note: Each schedule and map opens in a new separate window.
PDF files can be viewed using Adobe's free Acrobat Reader.
- Work in Downtown Arlington?
- Go to school at UT Arlington?
- Want to get out and explore attractions in Fort Worth, Dallas, and the rest of the Metroplex?
RIDE the MAX!
- Save time, money and gas.
- Cut the stress of your commute - read, relax, surf the web.
- Avoid traffic headaches.
- Get to DFW International Airport.
- Explore the Metroplex!
For only $5, MAX gets you where you need to go!
- Students, seniors and disabled users ride for half price!
- Monthly passes are $80.
- Ride the TRE or any DART or T bus or train for the entire day on which you purchase the pass.
- Purchase tickets at a station or at dartstore.org.
Buses generally run 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday through Friday between the TRE CentrePort/DFW Airport Station and College Park Center/UT Arlington.
for schedules and more information.
Special ID Needed For Students to Ride MAX for Reduced Fare
UTA students are reminded that agency-issued reduced fare IDs - either by DART or The T - are necessary for them to ride the Metro Arlington Xpress (MAX) for the discounted fare. Student identification alone does not qualify.
Under the reduced fare category, a 2-Hour Pass $1.25, and a Day Pass is $2.50. (NOTE: the popular mid-day pass, good for riders between 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. at $1.75, is not sold on MAX but will be accepted by MAX if purchased from another bus or a TVM.)
Currently, the most convenient location for students to purchase a reduced fare ID is the Intermodal Transit Center near Sundance Square in downtown Fort Worth, open 6 a.m.-7 p.m. M-F, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. Sat. Cost for the photo ID is $2. Additional information is available by calling 817-215-8600.
An on-campus ID sales office is expected to open in the near future. Information on the date and location should be posted shortly. Thanks for riding MAX!