Service for Red River Showdown, Saturday, October 11
Kickoff Time TBA
| Save money, hassle: Buy your 2014 State Fair of Texas tickets on DART's GoPass app
DART and the State Fair of Texas are making it easier than ever to buy your general admission fair tickets. In addition to buying your transit passes, this year you can also use DART's GoPass app for Android and iOS smartphones to buy your State Fair of Texas general admission tickets. Click here to learn more!
- Look for DART staff at key stations as early as four hours before game time to help customers buy tickets and make connections. Game-day ticket sellers will be at these stations: Parker Road, Victory and Pearl/Arts District.
- To help accommodate the large crowds, DART is adding light rail, buses and Trinity Railway Express (TRE) trains with special connections planned. Some passengers may board buses to complete their trip.
- Buying transit tickets in advance has never been easier thanks to the GoPass℠ mobile ticketing application for Apple or Android smartphones. The free app, which is available in either the App Store or Google Play, lets customers buy tickets well in advance of game day. The application also includes trip planning features to help make travel on DART, The T, DCTA or TRE even easier.
- Leave early. Customers are encouraged to take advantage of the early transit service, which on some lines begins up to four hours before game time. Trains typically begin filling more than two hours before kickoff. Passengers using special bus service from Bachman, Bush Turnpike, Mockingbird, Trinity Mills, Victory or Pearl/Arts District stations may have the best opportunity to avoid crowding on the Red and Green line trains.
- Customers coming from Tarrant County on the TRE or Denton County via the Denton County Transportation Authority are advised to board the first train departing from their originating station. DCTA information can be found at dcta.net.
- After the game, DART staff will be on hand to get customers to the fastest areas to board for their return trip. This special service continues for at least three hours after the game.
DART RailThe fairgrounds are served by two stations -- Fair Park, located on Parry Avenue at the main fair entrance, and MLK, Jr., located south of R.B. Cullum Boulevard and convenient to the Gate 6 entrance and the Cotton Bowl Stadium.
- Southbound Green Line trains will leave every 10 minutes from North Carrollton/Frankford Station for MLK, Jr. Station as early as four hours before the game. Prior to kick-off, these trains will not stop at Victory Station. In addition, these trains will not serve West End, Akard, St. Paul, Pearl/Arts District, Deep Ellum, Baylor and Fair Park stations. Transfer to the Green Line circulator at Union Station to reach those stations. The special Green Line circulator starts four hours before the game and operates six trips per hour. The circulator does not stop at Convention Center or Cedars stations and operates continually until approximately four hours after the game.
- Northbound Green Line trains leave every 10 minutes from Buckner Station for MLK, Jr. Station as early as three hours before kickoff. (These trains will not stop at Fair Park Station.)
- Southbound Red and Blue Line passengers can transfer to the Green Line Circulator at Pearl/Arts District Station while northbound Red and Blue line passengers can transfer at Akard Station.
- Specially marked southbound Red Line trains will leave every 10 minutes from Parker Road Station to MLK, Jr. Station starting as early as four hours before kickoff. The specially marked southbound Red Line trains will not stop after Cityplace/Uptown Station and will head directly to MLK, Jr. Station. Passengers on these trains will not need to transfer. After the game, these specially marked northbound Red Line trains will depart from MLK, Jr. Station for the trip back to Parker Road Station. These northbound trains will not stop at Fair Park Station.
- Southbound Red Line trains going to Westmoreland Station will operate on a regular Saturday schedule with departures every 20 minutes.
- Northbound Red Line passengers will follow a regular Saturday schedule.
- Southbound Blue Line trains to Pearl/Arts District Station will leave every 15 minutes from Downtown Rowlett Station starting four hours before kickoff.
- Northbound Blue Line passengers will follow a regular Saturday schedule.
- Eastbound Orange Line passengers from DFW Airport and Irving's five stations will transfer to the Green Line at Bachman Station.
- View DART Rail schedules effective Saturday, October 11.
- Customers are encouraged to take advantage of the early transit service, which on some lines begins up to four hours before game time. Trains typically begin filling more than two hours before kickoff. Passengers using special bus service from Bachman, Bush Turnpike, Mockingbird, Trinity Mills, Victory or Pearl/Arts District stations may have the best opportunity to avoid crowding on the Red and Green line trains.
- TRE passengers will transfer at Victory Station to shuttle buses to complete their trip to the fairgrounds.
- Customers coming from Tarrant County on the TRE are advised to board the first train departing their originating station. TRE information can be found at trinityrailwayexpress.org
- Departure time of the last TRE train to Fort Worth on Saturday: 11:11 p.m. from Victory Station. The last Green Line train to connect to this train departs MLK, Jr. Station at 10:38 p.m. and Fair Park Station at 10:41 p.m.
- DCTA A-train passengers transfer to the Green Line at Trinity Mills Station.
- Customers coming from Denton County via Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) are advised to board the first train departing their originating station. DCTA information can be found at dcta.net
DART Fare Information
Click here to find out how to buy your tickets!
Fares are available at any DART Rail Station from a Ticket Vending Machine (TVM), from your bus operator or from the new GoPass℠ mobile ticketing application for Apple or Android smartphones. Day Passes are valid for unlimited rides on the date of purchase only through 3 a.m. the following day. (How to use a DART TVM.)
When purchasing a Day Pass on a bus, exact cash or change required. Fareboxes accept bills and coins, including $1 coins. Bus operators cannot provide change.
Please remember!Hang onto your pass,
as proof of payment is required to ride.
|— All DART buses and trains
— DART On-Call and FLEX service
— Trinity Railway Express trains between Union Station and CentrePort/DFW Airport Station
|— All DART buses and trains
— DART On-Call and FLEX service
— All Trinity Railway Express service, plus The T in Fort Worth and DCTA in Denton County
|Applicable on bus and rail for the following:
— Seniors (65 or older) with valid DART photo ID
— Non-paratransit certified persons with disabilities with valid DART photo ID
— Medicare card holders
— Children ages 5-14 (Children under age 5 may ride free when accompanied by an adult with valid local, regional or reduced fare [up to two children].)
— High school students with valid DART or student high school photo ID. High school fares are applicable on bus and rail and valid Monday through Friday only.
— College/Trade School students with valid DART-issued student photo ID for full-time undergraduate students registered at schools which are located in the DART Service Area and are not participating in the Higher Education Program. If you do not have a valid DART-issued student photo ID, you are not eligible to purchase a reduced fare.
Note for SMU and UTD students: SMU and UTD participate in a contracted pass program with DART. For that reason, SMU and UTD students do not qualify for reduced fares purchased on GoPass, from a Ticket Vending Machine or from a bus farebox. Click here for more information on how to get your pass.
2014 State Fair of Texas
Exhibit buildings open at 10 a.m. daily and close at 9 p.m. Sundays - Thursdays. Buildings remain open until 10 p.m. each Friday and Saturday.
Midway hours and museum hours vary.
Admission rates for the 2014 State Fair of Texas (Sept. 26 - Oct. 19).
Looking for a hotel
for your visit to
the State Fair of Texas?
Check out this listing for hotels along the DART Rail lines.
|Child (under 48" in height):||$13|
|Children 2 and under:||Free|
|Seniors 60 and over:||$13; Free every Thursday (October 2, 9 & 16, 2014 - SFT Senior Days are sponsored by GenWorth Financial)|
For more information and a complete schedule of State Fair of Texas events, visit bigtex.com.