Service for Red River Showdown, Saturday, October 8
Kickoff Time TBA
- Look for DART staff at key stations as early as four hours before game time to help customers buy tickets and make connections.
- To help accommodate the large crowds, DART is adding light rail, buses and Trinity Railway Express (TRE) trains with special connections planned. Some passengers may board buses to complete their trip.
- Buying transit tickets in advance has never been easier thanks to the GoPass℠ mobile ticketing application for Apple or Android smartphones. The free app, which is available in either the App Store or Google Play, lets customers buy tickets well in advance of game day. The application also includes trip planning features to help make travel on DART, The T, DCTA or TRE even easier.
- Leave early. Customers are encouraged to take advantage of the early transit service, which on some lines begins up to four hours before game time. Trains typically begin filling more than two hours before kickoff. Passengers using special bus service may have the best opportunity to avoid crowding on the Red and Green line trains.
- Customers coming from Tarrant County on the TRE or Denton County via the Denton County Transportation Authority are advised to board the first train departing from their originating station. DCTA information can be found at dcta.net.
- After the game, DART staff will be on hand to get customers to the fastest areas to board for their return trip.
DART RailThe fairgrounds are served by two stations -- Fair Park, located on Parry Avenue at the main fair entrance, and MLK, Jr., located south of R.B. Cullum Boulevard and convenient to the Gate 6 entrance and the Cotton Bowl Stadium.
- Special game day service for Saturday, October 8 to be announced.
- Customers are encouraged to take advantage of the early transit service, which on some lines begins up to four hours before game time. Trains typically begin filling more than two hours before kickoff. Passengers using special bus service may have the best opportunity to avoid crowding on the Red and Green line trains.
- Station locations to be announced.
- TRE passengers will transfer at Victory Station to shuttle buses to complete their trip to the fairgrounds.
- TRE special service for Saturday, October 8 to be announced.
- DCTA A-train passengers transfer to the Green Line at Trinity Mills Station.
- Customers coming from Denton County via Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) are advised to board the first train departing their originating station. DCTA information can be found at dcta.net
Buy your 2016 State Fair of Texas tickets on DART's GoPass app. Click here to learn more!
State Fair of Texas tickets go on sale in GoPass on Monday, September 12, 2016.
DART Fare Information
DART and the State Fair of Texas are making it easier than ever to buy your 2016 general admission tickets to one of the finest fairs in the nation. Hundreds of thousands of riders have used GoPass to buy and display transit passes. You can also buy your State Fair of Texas general admission with the same app. Show your purchased fair ticket on GoPass at the gates to get in. To make the deal even sweeter, you'll save two dollars on every fair ticket by using GoPass!
• Activate your tickets the day of your visit to the State Fair of Texas
• When approaching the gate, be sure to have your State Fair of Texas GoPass general admission ticket(s) activated and ready to be scanned
Fares are available at any DART Rail Station from a Ticket Vending Machine (TVM), from your bus operator or from the GoPass℠ mobile ticketing application for Apple or Android smartphones. Day Passes are valid for unlimited rides on the date of purchase only through 3 a.m. the following day. (How to use a DART TVM.)
When purchasing a Day Pass on a bus, exact cash or change required. Fareboxes accept bills and coins, including $1 coins. Bus operators cannot provide change.
Please remember!Hang onto your pass,
as proof of payment is required to ride.
|— All DART buses and trains
— DART On-Call and FLEX service
— Trinity Railway Express trains between Union Station and CentrePort/DFW Airport Station
|— All DART buses and trains
— DART On-Call and FLEX service
— All Trinity Railway Express service, plus The T in Fort Worth and DCTA in Denton County
|Applicable on bus and rail for the following:
— Seniors (65 or older) with valid DART photo ID
— Non-paratransit certified persons with disabilities with valid DART photo ID
— Medicare card holders
— Children ages 5-14 (Children under age 5 may ride free when accompanied by an adult with valid local, regional or reduced fare [up to two children].)
— High school students with valid DART or student high school photo ID. High school fares are applicable on bus and rail and valid Monday through Friday only.
— College/Trade School students with valid DART-issued student photo ID for full-time undergraduate students registered at schools which are located in the DART Service Area and are not participating in the Higher Education Program. If you do not have a valid DART-issued student photo ID, you are not eligible to purchase a reduced fare.
Note for SMU and UTD students: SMU and UTD participate in a contracted pass program with DART. For that reason, SMU and UTD students do not qualify for reduced fares purchased on GoPass, from a Ticket Vending Machine or from a bus farebox. Click here for more information on how to get your pass.
2016 State Fair of Texas
Exhibit buildings open at 10 a.m. daily and close at 9 p.m. Sundays - Thursdays. Buildings remain open until 10 p.m. each Friday and Saturday.
Midway hours and museum hours vary.
Admission rates for the 2016 State Fair of Texas (Sept. 30 - Oct. 23).
Looking for a hotel
for your visit to
the State Fair of Texas?
Check out this listing for hotels along the DART Rail lines.
|Child (under 48" in height):||$14|
|Children 2 and under:||Free|
|Seniors 60 and over:||$14; Free every Thursday (October 6, 13 and 20, 2016, compliments of Seniorific News)|
For more information and a complete schedule of State Fair of Texas events, visit bigtex.com.