Ride DART to the State Fair Classic on Saturday, October 7
Kickoff Time 4 p.m.
Sign up for email and text alerts to get the latest DART State Fair service information.
10 Keys to a Winning Trip!
- Know the game plan: DART has added service throughout the fair to make your trip a smooth one. See below for complete details on DART service to the game.
- Rely on your coaching staff: DART staff will be at key stations -- including Pearl/Arts District, Victory, Fair Park and MLK, Jr. -- to help customers buy tickets and make connections. If you’re lost or need information, let us assist!
- Make GoPass® your top option: Save time by buying passes in advance from the comfort of your phone. The FREE app is available in the App Store and on Google Play. You can also use GoPass to plan trips and get next bus or train times.
- Activate, activate, activate: Be sure to activate your GoPass ticket before you board. Day Passes are only valid on the day of activation.
- Go old school: Don't have the app? Purchase a Day Pass from a ticket vending machine at any DART Rail station or from a bus operator (cash only).
- Sign up for alerts: DART alerts keep you in the know, on the go!
- Park it: Free parking is available at many DART facilities. Skip the hassle and expense of parking around Fair Park -- find free parking at DART stations and transit centers here.
- Run the spread: Spread out along the platform as your train approaches and use all available doors for boarding. Also, please note that the center section of each rail vehicle has low floors, making it convenient for boarding wheelchairs, strollers and anything else with wheels.
- Pass it along: Know friends going to the fair but not the game? Tell them to get $2 off fair admission with the GoPass app.
- Start early: To ensure you're in your seat for the kickoff, DART encourages you to allow extra time and take advantage of early transit service.
Game Day Service Information
| Click here to get transit directions to
Fair Park Station
Fair Park Station, located on Parry Avenue at the entrance to the fairgrounds, and MLK, Jr. Station, located south of R.B. Cullum Blvd. and convenient to the MLK fairground entrance (Gate 6) and the Cotton Bowl Stadium.
Passengers riding DART Rail and the Trinity Railway Express (TRE) to downtown Dallas can transfer easily to the Green Line. From downtown Dallas, Green Line trains going to the fair will say "BUCKNER", "LAWNVIEW" or "FAIR PARK":
- Southbound Red, Blue and Orange Line passengers transfer to the Green Line at Pearl/Arts District Station.
- Northbound Red and Blue Line passengers transfer to the Green Line at Akard Station.
- Eastbound Orange Line passengers transfer to the Green Line at Bachman Station.
- Extra Green Line trains will be available approximately every 15 minutes between Victory and Lawnview stations from 9:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- All Orange Line trains will be extended to Parker Road Station.
- View DART Rail schedules effective Saturday, October 7.
- TRE passengers transfer to the Green Line at Victory Station.
- Departure time of the last TRE train to Fort Worth on Saturday, October 7: 11:30 p.m. from Union Station and 11:35 p.m. from Victory Station. (Last Green Line train to connect to the last TRE train from Victory Station is 11:08 p.m. from MLK, Jr. Station and 11:11 p.m. from Fair Park Station.)
- View TRE schedules at www.trinityrailwayexpress.org.
DART Fare InformationFans are encouraged to purchase their fare through the GoPass® app for Apple or Android smartphones.
Fares are also available at any DART Rail Station from a Ticket Vending Machine (TVM), from your bus operator. Day Passes are valid for unlimited rides on the date of purchase only through 3 a.m. the following day. (How to use a DART TVM.)
When purchasing a Day Pass on a bus, exact cash or change required. Fareboxes accept bills and coins, including $1 coins. Bus operators cannot provide change.
• Activate your tickets the day of your visit to the State Fair of Texas
Please remember!Hang onto your pass,
as proof of payment is required to ride.
|— All DART buses and trains
— DART On-Call and FLEX service
— Trinity Railway Express trains between Union Station and CentrePort/DFW Airport Station
|— All DART buses and trains
— DART On-Call and FLEX service
— All Trinity Railway Express service, plus The T in Fort Worth and DCTA in Denton County
|Applicable on bus and rail for the following:
— Seniors (65 or older) with valid DART photo ID
— Non-paratransit certified persons with disabilities with valid DART photo ID
— Medicare card holders
— Children ages 5-14 (Children under age 5 may ride free when accompanied by an adult with valid local, regional or reduced fare [up to two children].)
— High school students with valid DART or student high school photo ID. High school fares are applicable on bus and rail and valid Monday through Friday only.
— College/Trade School students with valid DART-issued student photo ID for full-time undergraduate students registered at schools which are located in the DART Service Area and are not participating in the Higher Education Program. If you do not have a valid DART-issued student photo ID, you are not eligible to purchase a reduced fare.
Note for SMU, UTD and DCCCD students: SMU, UTD and DCCCD participate in a contracted pass program with DART. For that reason, SMU, UTD and DCCCD students do not qualify for reduced fares purchased on GoPass, from a Ticket Vending Machine or from a bus farebox. Click here for more information on how to get your pass.
2017 State Fair of Texas
Exhibit buildings open at 10 a.m. daily and close at 9 p.m. Sundays - Thursdays. Buildings remain open until 10 p.m. each Friday and Saturday.
Midway hours and museum hours vary.
Admission rates for the 2017 State Fair of Texas (Sept. 29 - Oct. 22).
Looking for a hotel
for your visit to
the State Fair of Texas?
Check out this listing for hotels along the DART Rail lines.
|Child (under 48" in height):||$14|
|Children 2 and under:||Free|
|Seniors 60 and over:||$14; Free every Thursday (October 5, 12 and 19, 2017)|
For more information and a complete schedule of State Fair of Texas events, visit bigtex.com.