Dallas Museum of Art
Half Price Books
Perot Museum of Nature and Science
Dallas Morning News
Suburban Parent Magazines
2018 DART Student Art Contest Guidelines
Deadline: Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Theme — Oh, the places DART goes.
- Each poster must visually illustrate the theme "Oh, the places DART goes."
- The DART logo must appear on any drawings of buses or trains.
- Students may visit DART.org for ideas or more information.
- The back of the entry must include the following information, and it must be legible: student's name, parent's name, contact email and phone number, grade level, school name and teacher's name. Any entry that does not have these identifying marks will be disqualified.
- Limit one entry per student. The design must be original work created by the student. No group entries are allowed.
- Students may use multiple colors or black and white. The poster must measure 11" high x 17" wide. The design should be laid out horizontally and submitted on heavy paper such as poster, tag or illustration board.
- DART will distribute 11" x 17" paper to teachers/parents whose students/children participate in the contest (while supplies last).
- Media may include crayons, paint, markers, colored pencils and digital art.
- All lettering must be legible even when letters are used as design elements.
- Words must be spelled correctly.
- Entries should be mailed or personally delivered to:
- Jessica D. Lennon
DART's Transit Education Program
2018 Student Art Contest
Dallas Area Rapid Transit
1401 Pacific Ave.
P.O. Box 660163
Dallas, TX 75266-0163
- Jessica D. Lennon
- Early entries are strongly encouraged, and students who submit early will receive a special prize. All entries must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
DART staff will notify the teachers or parents of the winners by Wednesday, March 21, 2018 via a phone call and/or email, and all winners will be invited to a special recognition program and reception at the Dallas Museum of Art (details TBD). Winners will also have their artwork displayed at the museum.
- The 2018 Student Art Contest is open to students in Kindergarten through 12th grade, and a Best of Show winner will be selected from all K-12 entries.
- The Best of Show winner will have his or her artwork featured on DART buses and will receive a $1,000 cash prize from Dallas Contemporary. The winning entry will also be posted on DART's website, DART.org.
- The 1st place winner in the Kindergarten-2nd grade and 3rd-5th grade categories will receive a prize. Runners-up and honorable mentions will also receive prizes.
- The 1st place winner in the middle school category (6th-8th grade) will receive a $100 cash prize from Dallas Contemporary, and his or her artwork will be featured at DART rail stations and inside DART trains. Runners-up and honorable mentions will also receive prizes.
- The 1st place winner in the high school category (9-12th grade) will receive a $200 cash prize from Dallas Contemporary, and his or her artwork will be featured at DART rail stations and inside DART trains. Runners-up and honorable mentions will also receive prizes.
- Teachers or leaders with the most submissions will receive a special prize.
- Winner's artwork will be featured on DART's website.
- All artwork becomes the property of Dallas Area Rapid Transit and may be used for advertising, sales or promotional purposes with appropriate credit to the artist. By entering the contest, you consent to have your name and photograph appear as one of the winners.
- For more information about the contest, please contact Jessica D. Lennon at [email protected], or call her at 214.749.2582.