DART Construction Alerts
August 2, 2019
Rail Weekend rail service suspended
Downtown Dallas Only
through September 2019
Track Improvements and Rail Replacement will:
- Create a smoother ride through downtown
- Eliminate ongoing maintenance issues
- Increase the number of areas where trains can switch tracks, which will reduce service disruptions
During Construction:DART Rail in downtown Dallas will be discontinued each weekend beginning March 30, for roughly six months, to allow track replacement along Pacific Avenue and Bryan Street. DART will replace worn light rail tracks, add and repair crossovers, and repair streets and drainage along the rail corridor.
Interrupted Rail Segments:
- Red and Blue lines - between West End Station and Pearl/Arts District Station
Red Line Schedules
Blue Line Schedules
- Green Line - between Victory Station and Deep Ellum Station
Green Line Schedules
- Orange Line - between Victory Station and LBJ/Central Station, and between Victory Station and Parker Road Station
Orange Line Schedules
Several shuttle bus routes will be in operationTwo routes stop at every Central Business District station. Two express routes connect Pearl/Arts District Station, West End Station and Victory Station. One express route travels between Mockingbird Station and Bachman Station.
Look for the signBuses will load and unload at the red "Rail Disruption" bus stop located near each station. Signs on the rail platform will point you to these bus stops.
Walnut Hill Station Elevator Access to be Limited During Construction, Effective July 2019Passengers at Walnut Hill Station are advised that only one elevator will be in service for the next few months due to platform reconstruction. Currently the south elevator remains in operation and will alternate periodically with the north elevator as construction progresses.
To assist customers cross Walnut Hill Lane, DART will provide shuttle service from the bus boarding area eastbound on Glen Lakes to the station entrance across Walnut Hill Lane at 20-minute intervals during the construction period.
We apologize for the inconvenience and urge everyone to use caution and observe all warning signs around work areas. Thanks for riding DART.
Red, Blue Line Customers Reminded to Use Caution As Platform Work Begins at Downtown Plano and Galatyn Park Stations, Effective Monday, March 25, 2019The long-awaited construction that will expand capacity at some of DART's original rail stations is now under way, and riders are urged to employ caution along with patience as platform expansion comes their way.
Work will begin at Downtown Plano and Galatyn Park stations on March 25, 2019. Within the next two years we will extend the remaining 28 Red and Blue line stations' capability to handle growing ridership throughout the region. Each platform is expected to take approximately four months to complete.
During this time, customers at affected stations should remember to allow extra time for bus/train connections and to be extra careful in and around construction areas. Schedules and updates will be available to patrons on DART.org, and onboard trains and buses.
Click here to learn more about this project. Thanks for riding DART.
Any time you undertake a construction project, the possibility for danger is elevated. DART is urging everyone to be extra careful around its facilities, vehicles and especially the construction areas. Here are 10 tips you should know.
- Stop, look and listen for DART vehicles.
- Cross the street or track at designated crosswalks only.
- Never walk, ride or play in front of or behind a DART vehicle.
- Children should always exit the bus through the front door.
- Do not walk, ride or play in a construction area.
- Never walk, ride or play on or near railroad tracks.
- Always stand behind the textured warning strips on rail platforms.
- Be careful when driving or turning across train tracks.
- Never try to beat a train through a crossing.
- Remember: Safety begins with you. Talk to your family.