DART Construction Alerts
March 18, 2016
Ledbetter Station Construction: Platform Extension
This phase of the construction process over the next four to five months extends the East and West Platforms, allowing longer trains and more seating for you.
Temporary Changes To Expect:
Click here to learn more
- The southern crossing will be closed; only the north walkway will be open.
- Most train activity will be directed to the East Platform; trains will use the West Platform only in the event a train is occupying the east track. Please plan your trip accordingly to prevent missing your connection.
- Due to the construction, the shelter serving Bus Bay 6 will be moved north, closer to Bus Bay 5.
- As always, prepare for dust and noise, and allow extra time for transfers when possible.
Any time you undertake a construction project, the possibility for danger is elevated. DART is urging everyone to be extra careful around its facilities, vehicles and especially the construction areas. Here are 10 tips you should know.
- Stop, look and listen for DART vehicles.
- Cross the street or track at designated crosswalks only.
- Never walk, ride or play in front of or behind a DART vehicle.
- Children should always exit the bus through the front door.
- Do not walk, ride or play in a construction area.
- Never walk, ride or play on or near railroad tracks.
- Always stand behind the textured warning strips on rail platforms.
- Be careful when driving or turning across train tracks.
- Never try to beat a train through a crossing.
- Remember: Safety begins with you. Talk to your family.
Back to Top