DART Construction Alerts
October 19, 2015
Ledbetter Station Construction: The Next Step - East Platform Closure
With the West Platform now ready for use, the redesign of Ledbetter Station moves east. Below we focus on what to expect over the next 6-8 months.
As construction on the East Platform begins Oct. 19, customers may experience similar challenges that were felt during the West Platform work - crowding, travel time delays, dust, noise - plus some entirely new ones.
Click here to learn more.
Any time you undertake a construction project, the possibility for danger is elevated. DART is urging everyone to be extra careful around its facilities, vehicles and especially the construction areas. Here are 10 tips you should know.
- Stop, look and listen for DART vehicles.
- Cross the street or track at designated crosswalks only.
- Never walk, ride or play in front of or behind a DART vehicle.
- Children should always exit the bus through the front door.
- Do not walk, ride or play in a construction area.
- Never walk, ride or play on or near railroad tracks.
- Always stand behind the textured warning strips on rail platforms.
- Be careful when driving or turning across train tracks.
- Never try to beat a train through a crossing.
- Remember: Safety begins with you. Talk to your family.