DART Construction Alerts
April 21, 2020
Hidden Ridge Station Construction to Begin in Late April or Early May
Irving residents and Orange Line passengers can expect construction activity between North Lake College and Irving Convention Center stations in late April or early May, as DART's 65th light rail station begins to take shape.
Contractor Archer Western will conduct preliminary excavation work for Hidden Ridge Station on Meadow Creek Drive near Green Park Drive. Trucks, graders, concrete equipment and excavation equipment will be moving in and out of the area during this phase of construction.
Weather permitting, work will be performed weekdays between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., with occasional weekend activity if needed. All personnel will adhere to strict CDC guidelines to maximize safety during the current COVID-19 emergency.
Possible lane closures and minor interruptions of Orange Line operation are anticipated.
Upon projected completion in early 2021, the facility will accommodate 136 parking spaces and six bus bays.
Watch this space for updates as they occur.
Any time you undertake a construction project, the possibility for danger is elevated. DART is urging everyone to be extra careful around its facilities, vehicles and especially the construction areas. Here are 10 tips you should know.
- Stop, look and listen for DART vehicles.
- Cross the street or track at designated crosswalks only.
- Never walk, ride or play in front of or behind a DART vehicle.
- Children should always exit the bus through the front door.
- Do not walk, ride or play in a construction area.
- Never walk, ride or play on or near railroad tracks.
- Always stand behind the textured warning strips on rail platforms.
- Be careful when driving or turning across train tracks.
- Never try to beat a train through a crossing.
- Remember: Safety begins with you. Talk to your family.