Rider Insider Online Calendar
DART to Theater & Dance
Please check with the event organizer
for the most up to date information.
Click here for DART Coronavirus Information.
Catch Me If You Can is the latest fun evening of theater at Pocket Sandwich Theater. Daniel calls the police to investigate his bride's sudden disappearance on their honeymoon. A woman who insists she is the missing wife, and local priest backs her up. Was she murdered? Many colorful characters enter the scene of this light entertainment at 5400 E. Mockingbird Lane, right across the street from the DART Rail station. Information: www.pocketsandwich.com.
- A Message from Pocket Sandwich Theater: Per Dallas County orders and in consideration of our patrons' and staff's safety, we are closing the remainder of our scheduled performances until further notice.
- Via DART Rail Red Line, Blue Line or Orange Line to SMU/Mockingbird Station
Postponed Come from Away is Dallas Summer Musicals' presentation of the true story of 7,000 passengers from 38 planes that were grounded in the wake of 9/11. They found themselves stranded in a small Newfoundland town. Despite mutual uneasiness initially, the townspeople came to welcome the Americans, and they formed lasting friendships. The musical tale of human kindness is on stage at the Music Hall at Fair Park, 909 1st Ave. Information: www.dallassummermusicals.org.
Postponed American Mariachi is the story of Lucha, who yearns to break free from her monotonous life by forming an all-female mariachi band - an unheard-of proposition in the 1970s. The heartwarming comedy features plenty of live music. Catch it at the Wyly Theatre in Dallas, 2400 Flora St. in the Dallas Arts District. Information: dallastheatercenter.org.
- Via DART Rail Red Line, Blue Line, Green Line or Orange Line to Pearl/Arts District Station, then about a 6-minute walk
Cancelled The Wiz is a Broadway classic being staged by The Firehouse Theatre. Based on The Wizard of Oz, the musical has a score rich in rock, gospel, and soul music. See the timeless, thrilling, family-friendly spectacle at 2535 Valley View Lane – right across the street from the DART Rail station. Information: www.thefirehousetheatre.com.
NEW DATES! September 4-13 Inherit the Wind is the famous and acclaimed dramatization of the notorious 1925 Scopes "Monkey" trial, which followed a Tennessee teacher's jailing for having taught Darwin's theory of evolution. The fictionalized play is presented by Mainstage Irving-Las Colinas at the Irving Arts Center, 3333 N. MacArthur Blvd. Information: www.mainstageirving.com.
- Via DART Bus Route 401 to MacArthur and Finley, departing from North Lake College Station on the Orange Line
Postponed The Joker Fired Twice finds detective Ace Baxter in a locked room with a murder victim who was shot in the back - with Ace's own pistol. Life's not easy on the other side of the law, as Ace discovers while disguising himself as a cleaning woman and dodging Sergeant Flint, who's hot on his heels. Enter the sultry Lola Cardeza, and you've got a film-noir spoof full of familiar stock characters and unexpected plot twists. Amateur Community Theatre of Rowlett stages the dinner-theater production at Main Street Events, 4111 Main St. Information: actortx.com.
Cancelled Dancing Beyond Borders features an audience favorite from Dallas Black Dance Theatre's 43rd season: "Reminisce," a historical piece that reflects on the civil rights era through the music of John Legend, Aretha Franklin, and Gladys Knight & The Pips. The electrically charged performance happens at the Eisemann Center, 2351 Performance Drive in Richardson - right across the plaza from the DART Rail station. Information: dbdt.com.
Wednesdays Zalaughs is an open-mic comedy event that takes place each week at Zalat Pizza in the Downtown Plano Arts District. Signup is at 9:30 p.m. and performances begin at 10 p.m. While you're there, enjoy some of the best pizza in town. Zalat is at 1032 E. 15th St., right around the corner from the DART Rail station. Information: www.visitdowntownplano.com.
Every Thursday Dallas Comedy House is a beloved local institution, and it offers something unique every Thursday - the weekly Improv Comedy Night, in which some of the club's best comedians create a fully improvised scene based on audience suggestions. The Dallas Comedy House is at 3036 Elm St. in Deep Ellum. Information: dallascomedyhouse.com.
- A Message from Dallas Comedy House: Pursuant to Dallas County mandates surrounding COVID-19, Dallas Comedy House has closed all on-site shows, classes and events until April 29, 2020. We are offering online comedy classes, online corporate training, and private coaching. Find out more about our online training options on our classes page. We hope to laugh in person with you very soon. Stay safe.
- Via DART Rail Green Line to Baylor University Medical Center Station