Media Relations Contact:
May 17, 2001
Construction work on Red Line, adjusted schedules for other services
Memorial Day Holiday Schedule for DART Services
The three-day Memorial Day weekend means schedule adjustments for DART services and a suspension of light rail service between Mockingbird and Park Lane Stations.
DART services will operate on a Saturday schedule on Monday, May 28, in observance of the Memorial Day holiday. From Saturday, May 26 through Monday, May 28, DART will replace light rail train service between Mockingbird and Park Lane Station with buses to allow construction crews to complete electrical work on the 3-mile Blue Line light rail extension from Mockingbird Station to White Rock Station. White Rock Station is scheduled to open September 24.
DART will operate on the following schedule on Monday, May 28:
DART administrative offices are closed Monday. However, customers with questions about DART schedules may still contact Customer Service that day at 214-979-1111 from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. DART route and schedule information is always available on the DART website, DART.org.
- DART bus and light rail services will follow a Saturday schedule.
- The Trinity Railway Express commuter rail service will not operate.
- The High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane on I-30 East R.L. Thornton will be closed as will the reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E Stemmons HOV lane. The HOV lane I-35/US 67 that runs from Louisiana Avenue to Loop 12 also will be closed.
- The remaining portion of the Stemmons HOV lanes and the HOV lanes on LBJ Freeway, and the HOV I-35/US 67 portion from Loop 12 to Camp Wisdom Road also will be open 24 hours a day as usual.
- DART Paratransit services for customers with disabilities will operate on a Sunday schedule. The Paratransit Scheduling Center will be open on Memorial Day.
Changes for Rail Customers North of Mockingbird Station
DART will use specially-marked buses to transport passengers between Mockingbird and Park Lane stations during the interruption of light rail service on Memorial Day weekend from Saturday, May 26, through Monday, May 28. The buses will transport customers between Mockingbird, Lovers Lane and Park Lane stations at 20-minute intervals all day on:
Saturday, May 26
Sunday, May 27
Monday, May 28 (Memorial Day)
Customers traveling on the Red or Blue Line south of Mockingbird will not be affected.
Customers with questions about this temporary service change may contact DART Customer Service at 214-979-1111.
-- 30 --