Media Relations Contact:
August 24, 2001
Labor Day Holiday Schedule for DART Services
Most DART services will operate on a Saturday schedule in observance of the Labor Day holiday, Monday, September 3.
DART's Customer Information Center will be open to respond to customer questions from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at 214-979-1111. DART route and schedule information is always available on the DART website, DART.org. DART administrative offices will be closed in observance of the holiday.
- DART bus and light rail services will follow a Saturday schedule.
- The Trinity Railway Express commuter rail service will not operate.
- The High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane on I-30 East R. L. Thornton will be closed, as will the reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E Stemmons HOV lane. The section of the I-35E/US 67 HOV lane that runs from Louisiana Avenue to Loop 12 also will be closed.
- The remaining portion of the HOV lanes on Stemmons, LBJ Freeway, and the section of I-35E/US 67 from Loop 12 to Camp Wisdom Road, will remain open 24 hours a day as usual.
- DART paratransit services for customers with disabilities will operate on a Sunday schedule. The Paratransit Scheduling Center will be open on Labor Day.
Labor Day is celebrated the first Monday in September, which is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers.
-- 30 --