Media Relations Contact:
Holiday Schedule for DART Services
Most DART services will operate on a Sunday schedule in observance of the Christmas holiday, Saturday, Dec. 25, and on New Year's Day, Saturday, Jan 1.
- DART bus and light rail services will follow a Sunday schedule on both days.
- DART Rail will operate a Saturday schedule on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. On those days, bus routes 202, 204/247, 206 and 283 will follow a special schedule. Customers should look for the Rider Alert on DART vehicles or at DART facilities or visit the Current Rider Alert section of www.DART.org for details. Other bus routes that don't ordinarily operate on Saturdays will not operate on Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve.
- The Trinity Railway Express (TRE) commuter rail service will not operate on Christmas or New Year's Day. It will follow a modified schedule on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. Please see the current TRE timetable or visit www.trinityrailwayexpress.org for specific departure and arrival times.
- The high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes on I-30 (East R.L. Thornton), the reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E (Stemmons) HOV lane, and the section of the I-35E/US 67 (South R. L. Thornton/Marvin D. Love) HOV lanes from downtown Dallas to Loop 12 will all be closed on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. The remaining portion of the Stemmons HOV lanes, the LBJ HOV lanes, and the I-35E/US 67 HOV lanes from Loop 12 to Camp Wisdom Road will be open 24 hours a day as usual.
- DART Paratransit Services for customers with disabilities will operate on a holiday schedule during Christmas and New Year's. During Christmas, customers may call on Wednesday, Dec. 22, to schedule service for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Customers may call on Thursday, Dec. 23, to schedule service for Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. During the New Year's holiday, customers may call on Wednesday, Dec. 29, to schedule service for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, Jan. 3, 2005. Customers may call on Thursday, Dec. 30, to schedule service for Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, January 4. Customers should call 214-515-7272, and choose Option 3 to schedule their trip. Next day scheduling is also available using our automated booking feature, X-Press Booking.
- DART administrative offices will be closed on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. However, on those days, DART's Customer Information Center will respond to customer questions from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 214-979-1111. DART route and schedule information is always available at www.DART.org.
-- 30 --