Media Relations Contact:
June 14, 2005
Independence Day Holiday Schedule for DART Services
DART services will operate on a Sunday schedule on Monday, July 4, in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
Customers should be aware of the following:
DART administrative offices are closed Monday. However, customers with questions about DART schedules may still contact Customer Service at 214-979-1111 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. DART route and schedule information is always available on the DART website, www.DART.org.
- Bus and light rail services will follow a Sunday schedule.
- The Trinity Railway Express commuter rail will not operate.
- The High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane on I-30 (East R.L. Thornton) will be closed, as will the reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E (Stemmons) HOV lane. The HOV lane on I-35E/US 67 that runs from Downtown Dallas to Loop 12 will also be closed.
- The remaining portion of the Stemmons HOV lanes, the HOV lanes on LBJ Freeway, and the HOV lanes on I-35E/US 67 from Loop 12 to Camp Wisdom Road will, as usual, be open 24 hours.
- DART Paratransit services for customers with disabilities will operate on a Sunday schedule. The Paratransit Scheduling Center will be closed on Independence Day. Customers may call Thursday, June 30 to book their trips through Monday, July 4, and Friday, July 1 to book their trips through Tuesday, July 5. Customers may call Tuesday, July 5 to book trips for Wednesday, July 6. X-Press Booking is also available.
Click here for information about riding DART Rail to dazzling 4th of July events.
-- 30 --