Media Relations Contact:
November 8, 2006
Thanksgiving Day Holiday Schedule for DART Services
Most DART services will operate on a Sunday schedule in observance of the Thanksgiving Day holiday, Thursday, Nov. 23, and a modified schedule on Friday, Nov. 24.
• DART bus and light rail services will follow a Sunday schedule on Thursday.
• On Friday bus routes 202, 204/247, 206 and 283 will follow a special schedule while other routes will observe a Saturday schedule. Customers should look for the Rider Alert on DART vehicles or at DART facilities or visit the Current Rider Alert section of www.DART.org for details. Other than the express routes listed above, routes that don't ordinarily operate on Saturdays will not operate on Friday. DART Rail service will operate on a Saturday schedule on the 24th.
• The Trinity Railway Express (TRE) commuter rail service will not operate on Thanksgiving Day. On Friday, it will follow a modified schedule. Please see the current TRE timetable or visit www.trinityrailwayexpress.org for specific departure and arrival times.
View the modified schedule for TRE service to Victory Station for the Dallas Stars-Los Angeles Kings game on Friday, November 24.
• The High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes on I-30 (East R.L. Thornton), the reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E (Stemmons) HOV lane, and the section of the I-35E/US 67 (South R. L. Thornton/Marvin D. Love) HOV lanes from downtown Dallas to Loop 12 will all be closed on Thursday and Friday. The remaining portion of the Stemmons HOV lanes, the LBJ HOV lanes, and the I-35E/US 67 HOV lanes from Loop 12 to Camp Wisdom Road will be open 24 hours a day as usual.
• DART Paratransit Services for customers with disabilities will operate on a holiday schedule on Thanksgiving Day. The Paratransit Scheduling Center will be closed on Thursday and Friday. This means regular subscription trips are canceled on Thursday and Friday. Customers may call on Wednesday to schedule service for Thursday, Nov. 23 through Tuesday, Nov. 28. Customers should call 214-515-7272, and choose Option 3 to schedule their trip. Next day scheduling is also available using our automated booking feature, X-Press Booking.
• DART administrative offices will be closed on Thanksgiving Day and Friday. However, on those days, DART's Customer Information Center will respond to customer questions from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 214-979-1111. DART route and schedule information is always available at www.DART.org.
-- 30 --