Media Relations Contact:
Mark A. Ball
August 24, 2011
DART Announces Labor Day Holiday Hours
DART will operate the following schedule in observance of the Labor Day holiday, Monday, September 5:
DART's administrative offices, Customer Care Center, and Lost and Found will be closed. Customers with questions about schedules may still contact DART's Customer Information Center at 214-979-1111 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. DART route and schedule information is always available at www.DART.org.
- DART bus and light rail services will follow a Sunday schedule.
- The Trinity Railway Express commuter rail will not operate.
- The following High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes will be closed: the HOV lane on I-30 (East R.L. Thornton) and on I-30 West (Tom Landry Freeway); the reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E (Stemmons) HOV lane; the reversible HOV ramp between the US 75 and the I-635 HOV lanes; and the section of the I-35E/U.S. 67 (South R. L. Thornton/Marvin D. Love) HOV lanes from downtown Dallas to Loop 12.
- The remaining portion of the Stemmons HOV lanes, the HOV lanes on LBJ Freeway, the US 75 HOV lanes, and the HOV lanes on I-35E/U.S. 67 from Loop 12 to Camp Wisdom Road will be open 24 hours.
- DART Paratransit services for customers with disabilities will operate on a Saturday schedule. The Paratransit Scheduling Center will be closed on Labor Day. Customers may call Thursday, September 1, to book their trips through Monday, September 5, and Friday, September 2, to book their trips through Tuesday, September 6. Customers may call Tuesday, September 6, to book trips for Wednesday, September 7. X-Press Booking is also available.
-- 30 --