DART Rider Alerts
Effective Date: 4/19/2022
DART Coronavirus UpdateDART remains committed to doing everything possible to keep our patrons and employees safe. DART encourages passengers who feel sick or are experiencing symptoms to stay home and avoid public places.
April 19, 2022: DART Update on Face Mask Requirement for Public Transit
In accordance with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) decision to no longer enforce the Security Directives and Emergency Amendment requiring a face mask be worn over the mouth and nose on public transportation and transportation hubs, DART will no longer require that a face mask be worn by passengers and operators while onboard DART vehicles or at DART facilities.
Staying Safe While Riding DART
DART remains committed to providing a safe environment for both our passengers and employees. Face masks and hand sanitizer dispensers will remain in place and available on all buses, light rail vehicles, TRE vehicles and Dallas streetcars, for anyone who chooses to continue to wear a face mask for additional safety.
DART continues to undertake aggressive agency-wide cleaning and safety protocols on buses, light rail, paratransit vehicles and properties.
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using an approved cleaning spray or wipe
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
Click here to view more info.
Featured Rider Alerts:
- DART Announces Changes to Bus and GoLink Services Beginning Monday, September 26 (Posted on Sep 13 at 1:35 PM)
- DART Coronavirus Update (Posted on Apr 13 at 11:01 AM)
Current Rider Alerts:
- A Message to Our Riders On TX-OU Game Day, Prepare for Fun, But Allow Lots of Time! Effective October 8, 2022
- Current Route Detours (Effective for routes 1, 18, 22, 45, 215, 230, 236, 238, 241, 434 (Parkland Shuttle), 883 (UTD Comet Cruiser))
- You are invited to participate in a short survey to give feedback and help define the value of transit in your community.
- Comet Cruiser (Route 883) Placed On Temporary Detour Due to Dickerson Closure, Effective September 26, 2022