DART Rider Alerts
Effective Date: 5/26/2018
Dallas bridge repair to disrupt DART rail and streetcar service Memorial Weekend; DART, TRE adjusting schedules for Memorial DayAnticipate delays this Memorial Day weekend if your travel involves Red or Blue line trains or the Dallas Streetcar.
City of Dallas repairs to the Houston Street Viaduct Bridge, directly above Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) rail tracks between Union Station and Convention Center Station, will create the following changes for customers from 5 a.m., Sat., May 26, through Mon., May 28:
-- Northbound Red and Blue line passengers will exit their trains at Convention Center and take shuttle buses to Union Station to board Blue Line trains; transfers to northbound Red Line trains will be available at West End Station.
-- Southbound Blue Line passengers will exit their train at Union Station and take shuttle buses to Convention Center to re-board Blue Line trains to UNT Dallas Station.
-- Southbound Red Line passengers will exit their train at West End Station, board Blue Line trains to Union Station, then take shuttle buses to Convention Center to board the Red Line to Westmoreland (note to TRE riders: these Red Line trains will terminate at Victory Station, maintaining the transfer connection on Saturday, May 26).
-- The Dallas Streetcar will be replaced by bus shuttles at all stops on all three days.
Vehicular traffic on the viaduct, including buses, will not be displaced. Normal rail operations are expected to resume with start of service Tues., May 29.
Other holiday weekend changes include:
-- DART buses and trains will follow a Sunday schedule on Mon., May 28. GoLink and the Trinity Railway Express will not operate that day.
-- DART's Paratransit services will run a Saturday schedule and the Paratransit Scheduling Center will be closed. Customers should call Fri., May 25, to book their trips through Tues., May 29. Next day weekend voice mail booking and X-Press Booking will also be available.
-- On-Call and Flex Service will not run on Memorial Day, Mon., May 28. Service will resume the following Tues., May 29.
-- DART's Customer Information Center will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 214-979-1111 for trip-planning needs and the administrative offices and the Customer Care Center, which handles complaints, commendations, suggestions and Lost and Found, will be closed.
Route and schedule information for DART and the Dallas Streetcar is available at DART.org. TRE schedule information can be found at trinityrailwayexpress.org.
Featured Rider Alerts:
- Weekend DART Rail Replacement continues in Downtown Dallas through September (Posted on Jul 8 at 7:50 AM)
Current Rider Alerts:
- Current Route Detours (Effective for routes 11, 12, 26, 31, 35, 42, 81/82, 84, 161, 205, 206, 208, 210, 211, 278, 347, 372, 376, 385, 405, 409, 428, 444, 467, 522, 528, 535, 542, 544, 549, 595, 597, 887-Rowlett FLEX)
- Bus Routes 21 and 42 on Detour during the Rebuild Our Community Festival, Effective Saturday, July 20, 2019
- Red, Blue Line Customers Reminded to Use Caution As Platform Work Begins at Downtown Plano and Galatyn Park Stations, Effective Monday, March 25, 2019
Other Customer Information:
- DART Parking Information
- Downtown Bus Routes Providing Service to DART Rail Stations
- DART Severe Winter Weather Operating Plans
- DART Rail and TRE Service to American Airlines Center
DART Rail Construction Alerts