The winners art will display at the Dallas Museum of Art (DMA)
April 2 through April 28.
This year's theme:"My next stop is _________________________."
Dallas Museum of Art
Half Price Books
Perot Museum of Nature and Science
Dallas Morning News
Suburban Parent Magazines
Best of Show WinnerSarah Thigpen - 9th Grade
Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts (Dallas ISD)
Best of Show Winner
Kinder - 2nd Grade Winners1st Place - Anjali Reddy
1st Grade - Falak Art Studio (Coppell) - Walnut Grove Elementary School (Carroll ISD)
2nd Place - Anya Hegde
2nd Grade - Dallas Arts Studio (Dallas) - Pinkerton Elementary School (Coppell ISD)
3rd Place - Aarusn Roy
2nd Grade - McCoy Elementary School (Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD)
Honorable Mention - Sofia Fahey
2nd Grade - Spanish House Elementary - Dallas (Private)
Honorable Mention - Vaishnavi Navapandian
Kinder - Wells Elementary - Plano (Plano ISD)
Honorable Mention - Samanvi Arudala
2nd Grade - McCoy Elementary - Carrollton (Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD)
3rd - 5th Grade Winners1st Place - Diya Vemireddy
4th Grade - McCoy Elementary (Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD)
2nd Place - Wing Hay Tam
3rd Grade - Barksdale Elementary (Plano ISD)
3rd Place (Tie) - Nadia Nesich
4th Grade - Pegasus School of Liberal Arts & Sciences (Dallas)
3rd Place (Tie) - Sutton Blauser
4th Grade - Grace Academy of Dallas (Dallas)
Honorable Mention - Taylor Davis
4th Grade - Dallas Arts Studio (Dallas) & Town Center Elementary (Coppell ISD)
Honorable Mention - Reya Verma
5th Grade - Vaughan Elementary (Allen ISD)
6th- 8th Grade Winners1st Place - Olivia Park
8th Grade - The Hockaday School (Dallas) and Dallas Arts Studio (Dallas)
2nd Place (Tie) - Divya Ghanta
7th Grade - Falak Art Studio (Coppell) and Coppell Middle School North (Coppell ISD)
2nd Place (Tie) - Arim Jun
6th Grade - Dallas Arts Studio (Dallas) and G. B. Dealey Montessori Academy (Dallas)
3rd Place - Brooke Criner
8th Grade - PCA Plus Virtual Academy (Plano)
Honorable Mention - Yincheng Qian
6th Grade - McCulloch Intermediate (Highland Park ISD)
Honorable Mention - Vanessa Hernandez
8th Grade - Vivian Field Middle School (Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD)
Honorable Mention - Joshua Owens
7th Grade - McCowan Middle School - Glenn Heights (DeSoto ISD)
9th-12th Grade Winners1st Place - Rebeca Trevino
11th Grade - Yvonne A. Ewell Townview Center (Dallas ISD)
2nd Place - Emily La Barba
10th Grade - Richardson High School (Richardson ISD)
3rd Place - Saher Kamal
9th Grade - Jasper High School (Plano ISD)
Honorable Mention - Srinjoyi Lahiri
10th Grade - Lebanon Trail High School (Frisco ISD)
Honorable Mention - Susana Escobar Zelaya
12th Grade - Irving High School (Irving ISD)
Honorable Mention - Nhu Nguyen
11th Grade - L. V. Berker High School (Richardson ISD)
Honorable Mention - Cherish Holloway
11th Grade - Richardson High School (Richardson ISD)
Honorable Mention - Henry John-Lee Dinkins
11th Grade - Rowlett High School (Garland ISD)
Honorable Mention - Anthony Diaz
11th Grade - Irving High School (Irving ISD)
Honorable Mention - Ayanna Santoyo
9th Grade - H. Grady Spruce High School (Dallas ISD)
Honorable Mention - Ben Reynolds
10th Grade - Highland Park High School (Highland Park ISD)
Honorable Mention - Christine Yan
9th Grade - Greenhill School - Addison (Private)
2019 DART Student Art Contest Guidelines
Early Entry: Friday, November 30, 2018 - Win a special prize!
Final Deadline: Friday, January 25, 2019
Theme - "My next stop is _______." (You fill in the blank!)
- Each poster must visually illustrate the theme My next stop is _______. (You fill in the blank!)
- The DART logo must appear on any drawings of buses or trains.
- Students may visit DART.org for ideas or more information.
- The back of the entry must include an entry form (click here to download the entry form in PDF format). Affix the completed form to the back of the artwork. Any entry that does not have the entry form attached will be disqualified.
- Limit one entry per student. The design must be original work created by the student. No group entries are allowed.
- Students may use multiple colors or black and white. The poster must measure 11" high x 17" wide. The design should be laid out horizontally and submitted on heavy paper such as poster, tag or illustration board.
- DART will distribute 11" x 17" paper to teachers/parents whose students/children participate in the contest (while supplies last and during regular business hours, Monday Friday, 8 a.m. 5 p.m.).
- Media may include crayons, paint, markers, colored pencils and digital art.
- All lettering must be legible even when letters are used as design elements.
- Words must be spelled correctly.
- Entries should be mailed or personally delivered to:
- Jessica D. Lennon
DART's Transit Education Program
2019 Student Art Contest
Dallas Area Rapid Transit
1401 Pacific Ave.
P.O. Box 660163
Dallas, TX 75266-0163
- Jessica D. Lennon
- Early entries are strongly encouraged, and students who submit by Friday, November 30, 2018 will receive a special prize. All entries must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, January 25, 2019.
DART staff will notify the teachers or parents of the winners no later than Wednesday, February 20, 2019 via a phone call and/or email, and all winners will be invited to a special recognition program and reception at the Dallas Museum of Art (details TBD). Winners will also have their artwork displayed at the museum.
- The 2019 Student Art Contest is open to students in Kindergarten through 12th grade, and a Best of Show winner will be selected from all K-12 entries.
- The Best of Show winner will have his or her artwork featured on DART buses and will receive a $1,000 cash prize from Dallas Contemporary. The winning entry will also be posted on DART's website, DART.org.
- The 1st place winner in the Kindergarten-2nd grade and 3rd-5th grade categories will receive a prize. Runners-up and honorable mentions will also receive prizes.
- The 1st place winner in the middle school category (6th-8th grade) will receive a $100 cash prize from Dallas Contemporary, and his or her artwork will be featured at DART rail stations and inside DART trains. Runners-up and honorable mentions will also receive prizes.
- The 1st place winner in the high school category (9-12th grade) will receive a $200 cash prize from Dallas Contemporary, and his or her artwork will be featured at DART rail stations and inside DART trains. Runners-up and honorable mentions will also receive prizes.
- Teachers or leaders with the most submissions will receive a special prize.
- Winners' artwork will be featured on DART's website, DART.org; at Love Field Airport; and at the Courtyard Theater in Plano.
- All artwork becomes the property of Dallas Area Rapid Transit and may be used for advertising, sales or promotional purposes with appropriate credit to the artist. By entering the contest, you consent to have your name and photograph appear as one of the winners.
- For more information about the contest, please contact Jessica D. Lennon at [email protected] or 214-749-2582.