I-1: BACHMAN STATION TO IRVING CONVENTION CENTER
I-2: IRVING CONVENTION CENTER TO BELT LINE STATION
- If you live or work on Lake Carolyn Parkway, please remember that the area next to the DART Rail tracks is not a sidewalk, walkway or path. Only cross the tracks in designated areas!
I-3: BELT LINE STATION TO DFW AIRPORT
- If you live near the betterment wall at North Lake College Station, please remember that the area next to the DART rail tracks is not a sidewalk, walkway, or path. Please do not ignore the chain linked fence. Only cross the tracks in designated areas!
Lane closures for the I-3 segment include:
- At North Belt Line Road, crews will:
- Install ROW fence, permanent seeding, finish concrete V-Ditch and rip rap, and guardrail at Belt Line Center Pier.
- Continue structures work, including bridge drainage and punchlist items.
- Track work: install stub ups/outs, remove at-grade trough lids, and install messenger, hangers, contact wire for the overhead catenary system (OCS).
- In the Esters Blvd./Plaza Drive area, crews will:
- Cut/Finish slopes and place topsoil slopes, permanent seeding, install ROW fence, cattle guard, and guardrail. Finish placing geogrid rock at 4E RTR Road.
- Install drainage, and patch/rub deck. Work on punchlist items.
- Dress ballast, work on cable trough laterals. Fabricate cantilevers and hangers for the overhead catenary system (OCS), and install ground grid at TPSS 8.
- At North Airfield Drive, crews will:
- Place subballast, excavate ditches from Freeport to Plaza, place topsoil, install ROW fence, permanent signs and guardrail.
- Work on roadway and roadway drainage: Freeport and Plaza intersections, demo roadway, asphalt, tie rebar, and concrete pavement.
- Cure/Strip deck and overhangs, and install handrails. Work on punchlist items.
- Place initial ballast and distribute/set ties, distribute rail, lay/clip rail, final ballast, surface work, dress ballast, final alignment, and work on underdrain.
- Work cable trough, pull wire/set poles. Work on light pole foundations east of Freeport. Fabricate hangers for the overhead catenary system (OCS).
- At North Service Road, crews will:
- Place subballast at storage track and guideway. Crews will work on permanent seeding and install ROW fence.
- Structures work: cap and abutments, set beams and diaphragms. Erect panels, form and rebar deck, approach slabs, backfill MSE wall, set coping, and work on ballast walls.
- Distribute/set ties, distribute rail, lay/clip rail, surface work, dress ballast, and work on underdrain.
- Work on OCS Foundations, cable trough wall, and storage tracks and traction power substation underground.
- Lane closure northbound at the DFW Airport shoe-fly located at the bypass northbound service road just south of Crossunder #1. Vehicles will be directed to detour.
Dates and times: Monday, May 6 through Friday, May 10 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Type of work: Structures, walls