DART Rail Construction Alerts
August 16, 2016
Buses Replacing Trains From Kiest to Ledbetter Over August 27 WeekendDART buses will replace Blue Line trains between Kiest, VA Medical Center and Ledbetter stations, on Saturday and Sunday, August 27-28, 2016, as critical work on the overhead power lines enters its final phase.
Shuttle buses will meet trains arriving at Kiest Station and continue south to serve VA Medical Center and Ledbetter stations; these buses will board and unload at the red bus stops at each station.
In the interest of passenger safety, parking at Ledbetter Station will again be suspended.
We appreciate your patience as we prepare for the extension of Blue Line service to Camp Wisdom and UNT Dallas stations on October 24, 2016.
Any time you undertake a construction project, the possibility for danger is elevated. DART is urging everyone to be extra careful around its facilities, vehicles and especially the construction areas. Here are 10 tips you should know.
- Stop, look and listen for DART vehicles.
- Cross the street or track at designated crosswalks only.
- Never walk, ride or play in front of or behind a DART vehicle.
- Children should always exit the bus through the front door.
- Do not walk, ride or play in a construction area.
- Never walk, ride or play on or near railroad tracks.
- Always stand behind the textured warning strips on rail platforms.
- Be careful when driving or turning across train tracks.
- Never try to beat a train through a crossing.
- Remember: Safety begins with you. Talk to your family.