Media Relations Contact:
Mark A. Ball
June 10, 2013
DART, TRE set schedule for Independence Day
The Fourth of July holiday means schedule changes for Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) and Trinity Railway Express (TRE) on Thursday, July 4:
DART administrative offices are closed Thursday. However, customers may still contact the Customer Information Center at 214-979-1111 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. DART's Customer Care Center and Lost and Found will also be closed. Route and schedule information is always available on www.DART.org, and information on special holiday destinations is available at www.DART.org/fireworks.
- DART bus and light rail services will follow a Sunday schedule.
- The Trinity Railway Express will not operate.
- The following High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes will be closed, July 4: I-30 (East R.L. Thornton) and on I-30 West (Tom Landry Freeway); the reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E (Stemmons) HOV lane; the reversible HOV ramp between the US 75 and the I-635 HOV lanes; and the section of the I-35E/U.S. 67 (South R. L. Thornton/Marvin D. Love) HOV lanes from downtown Dallas to Loop 12.
- The remaining portion of the Stemmons HOV lanes, the lanes on LBJ Freeway, the US 75 lanes, and the lanes on I-35E/U.S. 67 from Loop 12 to Camp Wisdom Road will be open.
- DART Paratransit services for customers with disabilities will operate on a Saturday schedule. The Paratransit Scheduling Center will be closed on Thursday, July 4. Customers may call, on Tuesday, July 2, to book trips through Thursday, July 4, and Wednesday, July 3, to book trips through Friday, July 5. Customers may call Friday, July 5, to book trips for Saturday, July 6. X-Press Booking and next day weekend voice mail booking is also available.
-- 30 --