Media Relations Contact:
December 15, 2006
Holiday Schedule for DART Services
DART services are being modified for the Christmas and New Year's holidays.
- DART bus and light rail services will follow a Sunday schedule on Christmas and New Year's Day.
- The Trinity Railway Express (TRE) commuter rail service will not operate on Christmas or New Year's Day.
View more information about the Trinity Railway Express holiday schedule.
- The high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes on I-30 (East R.L. Thornton), the reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E (Stemmons) HOV lane, and the section of the I-35E/US 67 (South R. L. Thornton/Marvin D. Love) HOV lanes from downtown Dallas to Loop 12 will all be closed on Monday, Dec. 25 and Monday, Jan. 1. The remaining portion of the Stemmons HOV lanes, the LBJ HOV lanes, and the I-35E/US 67 HOV lanes from Loop 12 to Camp Wisdom Road will be open 24 hours a day as usual.
- DART Paratransit Services for customers with disabilities will operate on a holiday schedule during Christmas and New Year's. During Christmas, customers may call on Thursday, Dec. 21, to schedule service for Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Customers may call on Tuesday, Dec. 26, to schedule service for Wednesday. During the New Year's holiday, customers may call on Thursday, Dec. 28, to schedule service for Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Customers may call on Tuesday, Jan. 2, to schedule service for Wednesday, January 3. Customers should call 214-515-7272, and choose Option 3 to schedule their trip. Next day scheduling is also available using our automated booking feature, X-Press Booking.
- DART administrative offices will be closed on Christmas and New Year's Day. However, on those days, DART's Customer Information Center will respond to customer questions from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 214-979-1111. DART route and schedule information is always available at www.DART.org.
-- 30 --