Media Relations Contact:
Mark A. Ball
June 24, 2008
DART Announces Independence Day Schedules
DART services will operate on a Sunday schedule on Friday, July 4, in observance of the Independence Day holiday. Customers should be aware of the following:
DART administrative offices are closed July 4. However, customers with questions about DART schedules may still contact Customer Service at 214-979-1111 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. DART route and schedule information is always available on the DART website, www.DART.org. Information on special holiday destinations served by DART is available at www.DART.org/fireworks.
- Bus and light rail services will follow a Sunday schedule.
- The Trinity Railway Express commuter rail will not operate.
- The following High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes will be closed: the HOV lane on I-30 (East R.L. Thornton) and on I-30 West (Tom Landry Freeway); the reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E (Stemmons) HOV lane; the reversible HOV ramp between the US 75 and the I-635 HOV lanes; and the section of the I-35E/U.S. 67 (South R. L. Thornton/Marvin D. Love) HOV lanes from downtown Dallas to Loop 12.
- The remaining portion of the Stemmons HOV lanes, the HOV lanes on LBJ Freeway, the US 75 HOV lanes, and the HOV lanes on I-35E/U.S. 67 from Loop 12 to Camp Wisdom Road will, as usual, be open 24 hours.
- DART Paratransit services for customers with disabilities will operate on a Sunday schedule. X-Press Booking and Voice Mail Booking are available, but the Paratransit Scheduling Center will be closed on July 4. Customers may call the center Wednesday, July 2, to book their trips through Friday, July 4, and Thursday, July 3, to book their trips through Monday, July 7.
-- 30 --