Internal Audit Mission StatementTo assist our clients in optimizing internal control systems that significantly increase their ability to accomplish their business objectives. Specifically,
- We establish our annual audit plans based on risk, using a risk assessment process and model. We employ a COSO based audit process that focuses on business objectives, risks to achievement of the objectives, and controls to mitigate the risks.
- We create an environment that fosters candid discussions of the challenges facing our Agency and taps into the creativity of our clients.
- We promote business objective, risk and control awareness and provide management with assistance in determining the optimum level of operating, financial and regulatory controls needed to meet our Agency's objectives.
- We test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls to management and the Audit Committee in an independent manner.
- We assist management with the design of controls within new or significantly modified systems and process improvement projects which present a high level of risk to the Agency.
- We review contractors billings, proposals, and claims to ensure amounts paid are in accordance with contract terms.
- We practice continuous improvement techniques to ensure we utilize the best practices available and provide quality services.