Media Relations Contact:
December 13, 2000
Holiday Schedule for DART Services Christmas, New Year's
Most DART services will run on a Sunday schedule on Monday, December 25, in observance of Christmas and Monday, January 1, 2001, in observance of New Year's Day.
- DART bus and light rail services will follow a Sunday schedule on Christmas and New Year's Day.
- The Trinity Railway Express commuter rail will not operate on Christmas or New Year's Day.
- The High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane on I-30 East R.L. Thornton will be closed on Christmas Day, December 25 and New Year's Day, Monday, January 1. The reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E Stemmons HOV lane also will follow the same schedule as will the portion of the I-35E/US 67 HOV lane between Louisiana Avenue and Loop 12.
- The Stemmons HOV lanes and the HOV lanes on LBJ Freeway and South R.L. Thornton/Marvin D. Love (I-35E/US 67) south of Loop 12 will be open 24 hours a day as usual.
- DART Paratransit Services for customers with disabilities will operate a Sunday schedule on Christmas Day and New Year's Day. The paratransit scheduling center also will be closed those days. This means regular subscription trips are canceled, and any customer needing service on Wednesday, December 27, may call on Sunday, December 24, to schedule their trip. Customers needing service on Wednesday, January 3, may call on Sunday, December 31. Customers should call 214-515-7272, and choose Option 3 to schedule their trip.
DART administrative offices are closed Christmas and New Year's days. However, customers with questions about DART schedules may still contact Customer Service that day at 214-979-1111 from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. DART route and schedule information is always available at DART's website, www.DART.org.
-- 30 --