Media Relations Contact:
June 24, 2002
Independence Day Holiday Schedule for DART Services
The upcoming Independence Day holiday means schedule adjustments for DART services.
DART services will operate on a Saturday schedule on Thursday, July 4, in observance of the Independence Day holiday. DART will operate on the following schedule that day:
DART administrative offices are closed July 4. However, customers with questions about DART schedules may still contact Customer Service that day at 214-979-1111 from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. DART route and schedule information is always available on the DART website, DART.org.
- DART bus and light rail services will follow a Saturday schedule.
- The Trinity Railway Express commuter rail service will not operate.
- The High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane on I-30 (East R.L. Thornton) will be closed, as will the reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E (Stemmons) HOV lane. The HOV lane on I-35E/US 67 that runs from Downtown Dallas to Loop 12 also will be closed.
- The remaining portion of the Stemmons HOV lanes, the HOV lanes on LBJ Freeway and the HOV lanes on the I-35E/US 67 portion from Loop 12 to Camp Wisdom Road will remain open 24 hours a day as usual.
- DART Paratransit services for customers with disabilities will operate on a Sunday schedule. The Paratransit Scheduling Center will be closed on Independence Day. Customers may call on Wednesday, July 3 to book their trips for Thursday, Friday or Saturday, July 4-6. X-Press Booking also is available.
-- 30 --