DART Rider Alerts
Effective Date: 10/17/2020
Ride DART for Free to Vote in the 2020 General ElectionDallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) is once again providing free trips to voting locations across the service area. Voters can ride at no charge on all DART bus, light rail, Dallas Streetcar, GoLink and Paratransit service, and on the Trinity Railway Express (TRE) between EBJ Union Station and CentrePort/DFW Airport Station.
DART will provide free rides to voters on the following days:
- Early voting on Saturday, Oct. 17 and Saturday, Oct. 24.
- Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 3.
American Airlines Center (AAC) Election Super Center
Dallas County voters can ride DART Rail's Green or Orange lines or the TRE right to Victory Station at the American Airlines Center, which will serve as the largest polling place in Dallas County for early voting (Oct. 13-Oct. 30) and on Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020.
Plan Your Trip on DART to a Voting Location
Customers who need customized trip planning can map out their ride with the "Plan" tool in the free GoPass app or use the Trip Planner on DART.org. DART Customer Service is also available at 214-979-1111 to answer questions and provide trip planning information.
If you plan your trip directly in Google Maps, enter the voting location as your destination and choose the Transit option (train icon) to get travel directions using DART.
Tips for a Safe Voting Experience
- Wear a face mask while riding DART and while at the voting location. If you forget your mask, please take one from the face mask dispensers located on DART trains and buses.
- Carry hand sanitizer with you and use it before and after your visit to the voting location, and especially after you use the voting machine. DART has hand sanitizer dispensers on board its buses and trains.
- Bring your own sanitized pen to sign any forms.
- Wash your hands with soap and water as soon as you can after leaving the voting location.
- Consider voting early so you can avoid crowds and practice social distancing.
Featured Rider Alerts:
- New Hidden Ridge Station Buildout To Require Weekend Orange Line Closures, Effective October-November 2020 (Posted on Oct 21 at 8:02 AM)
- DART Increases Service Starting Monday, October 19, 2020 (Posted on Oct 21 at 0:50 AM)
- DART Coronavirus Update (Posted on Oct 21 at 11:12 AM)
Current Rider Alerts:
- Current Route Detours (Effective for routes 11, 12, 19, 26, 35, 60, 81/82, 84, 110, 161, 206, 278, 347, 372, 378, 402, 403, 409, 410, 415, 444, 463, 486, 542, 547, 560, 566, 571, 582, 595, 597, 706 (Parkland Shuttle)
- Bus Route 60 on Detour During Reconstruction Work on Lindsley Ave., Effective Monday, October 19, 2020
Other Customer Information:
- DART Parking Information
- Downtown Bus Routes Providing Service to DART Rail Stations
- DART Severe Winter Weather Operating Plans
- DART Rail and TRE Service to American Airlines Center
DART Rail Construction Alerts