Privacy and Security Policy
The following is the privacy and security policy for this site (all pages starting with www.DART.org):
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
The following information is collected as part of this site's management for analysis and statistical purposes:
- User Client hostname - The hostname (or IP address if Domain Name Server is disabled) of the user/client requesting access.
- HTTP header, "user-agent" - The user-agent information includes the type of browser, its version, and the operating system it's using.
- HTTP header, "referrer" - The referrer specifies the page from which the client accessed the current page.
- System date - The date and time of the user/client request.
- Full request - The exact request made by the user/client.
- Status - The status code the server returned to the user/client.
- Content length - The content length, in bytes, of the document sent to the user/client.
- Method - The request method used.
- Universal Resource Identifier (URI) - The location of a resource on the server.
- Query string of the URI - Anything after the question mark in a URI.
- Protocol - The transport protocol and version used.
If you send us an electronic mail message with a question or comment that contains personally identifying information, or fill out a form that e-mails DART this information, the personally identifiable information will only be used to respond to your request and analyze trends. We may redirect your message to another government agency that is in a better position to answer your question. Unless required by law, court order, or as legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings, we will not sell or release your e-mail address unless you affirmatively consent to the sale or release of the information. Please note that using the DART Store Online and/or DART's "Solicitations Online" shall constitute an affirmative consent to release your e-mail address.
Security, Intrusion, Detection Language
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, court order, or other legal proceedings, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with the Texas State Library and Archives Commission. Please note that, with certain exceptions, the majority information collected or maintained by DART may be subject to the provisions of the Texas Public Information Act (Chapter 552, Texas Government Code) for disclosure to the public upon request. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under, but not limited to, the Texas Penal Code Chapters 33 (Computer Crimes) or 33A (Telecommunications Crimes), and all applicable federal laws.
Use/Release of Information
All information collected from the DART web site, including the summary server log information, e-mails sent to the web site, and information collected from web-based forms, may be subject to the Texas Public Information Act. One potential exception to disclosure is contained in §552.137 of the Texas Government Code, both of which state that an "e-mail address of a member of the public that is provided for the purpose of communicating electronically with a governmental body is confidential and not subject to disclosure ... [unless] the member of the public affirmatively consents to its release." Please note that use of the DART Store Online and/or DART's "Solicitations Online" shall constitute an affirmative consent to release of your e-mail address.
Produced and Maintained by the Dallas Area Rapid Transit.
Copyright, Dallas Area Rapid Transit. All Rights Reserved.