Media Relations Contact:
Mark A. Ball
December 17, 2012
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Cowboys and Boilermakers can DART to Heart of Dallas Bowl
Dallas Area Rapid Transit's (DART) Green Line gets you to the rematch of the 1997 Alamo Bowl as Purdue University and Oklahoma State University play at 11 a.m., Tuesday, Jan. 1, in the 2013 Heart of Dallas Bowl.
Additional details about DART service are available at DART.org or by calling Customer Information at 214-979-1111.
Enjoy the rematch at the historic Cotton Bowl stadium, 15 years in the making, by riding DART to either of two Green Line stations -- Fair Park, located on Parry Avenue at the entrance to the fairgrounds, and MLK, Jr., located south of R.B. Cullum Blvd. and convenient to both the MLK fairground entrance (Gate 6) and the Cotton Bowl Stadium.
Transferring to the Green Line from the Red, Orange and Blue lines is easy at any of the four downtown rail stations: West End, Akard, St. Paul or Pearl/Arts District.
A Local Day Pass for riders headed to the game (DART Rail and buses) is $5 and can be purchased by cash or credit card at ticket vending machines located at all DART stations. Trinity Railway Express service from Fort Worth will not be available.
Before the game
• DART Rail will provide extra service on Orange and Red Line trains into Dallas where customers will transfer to the Green Line.
• The Green Line will add capacity by operating a special short line train between Victory and Lawnview Stations.
• Blue Line trains will follow a regular Sunday schedule.
After the game
• Green Line customers will use regular service from MLK, Jr. and Fair Park stations.
• To return to Plano, Irving, Garland, Rowlett or West Oak Cliff, board a Green Line train at Fair Park or MLK, Jr. stations and ride to any of the four downtown stations to transfer to a Red, Orange or Blue Line train.
-- 30 --