DART Rider Alerts
Effective Date: 1/13/2022
DART Coronavirus UpdateDART remains committed to doing everything possible to keep our patrons and employees safe. DART encourages passengers who feel sick or are experiencing symptoms to stay home and avoid public places.
Jan. 13, 2022: TSA Extends Federal Face Mask Requirement for Public Transit through March 18
As a reminder, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has extended the face mask requirement (SD 1582/84-21-01C) for individuals across all transportation networks throughout the United States, including at airports, onboard commercial aircraft, on over-the-road buses, and on commuter bus and rail systems through March 18, 2022.
DART will continue to require a CDC approved face mask be worn over the mouth and nose by passengers and operators at all times while on DART vehicles including buses, trains and paratransit vehicles, Trinity Railway Express trains, in buildings and onboard the Dallas Streetcar.
Refusing to wear a mask, unless exempted or excluded under the CDC guidelines, is a violation of federal law and failure to comply will result in denial of boarding or removal, and passengers may be subject to federal penalties.
Face masks and hand sanitizer dispensers are installed on all buses, light rail vehicles and Dallas streetcars and available to all passengers.
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using an approved cleaning spray or wipe
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
Click here to view more info.
Featured Rider Alerts:
- DART Extends Free Transit for Riders through Feb. 6 (Posted yesterday at 4:29 PM)
- Simpler. Better. Faster. Easier! The New DART Bus Network (Posted on Nov 26 at 1:16 PM)
- DART Coronavirus Update (Posted on Jan 26 at 10:16 AM)
Current Rider Alerts:
- Current Route Detours (Effective for routes 15, 17, 18, 23, 209, 212, 216, 222, 233, 236, 241, 434 (Parkland Shuttle), 436 (Parkland Shuttle))
Other Customer Information:
DART Construction Alerts