DART Rider Alerts
Effective Date: 10/22/2012
New, Smaller Buses Make Neighborhood Debut During OctoberIn response to customer requests for a vehicle more suited to neighborhood needs, DART introduces a new concept in transit on selected routes beginning in late October.
At 26 ft. in length, and seating 17 passengers, the smaller buses, similar to those currently in Flex and On-Call service, will be lighter and easier to maneuver on narrower streets while still providing the amenities of their larger counterparts being introduced on heavier traveled routes in the system.
Customers on the following routes in Plano, North Dallas, Addison, Garland, Carrollton and Irving will be among the first to receive the new buses: 346, 348, 360, 380, 503, 505, 521, 536
As additional units are delivered, they will appear on similar routes throughout the system. Thanks for riding DART.
Current Rider Alerts:
- Bus Routes 36, 39 and 183 on Detour for the Festival of Joy Parade at Klyde Warren Park, Saturday, March 30
- Current Route Detours (Effective for routes 2, 11, 12, 26, 31, 35, 42, 81/82, 161, 164, 205/208/210 on Main, 206, 211, 278, 347, 376, 385, 409, 428, 444, 522, 528, 535, 542, 544, 549, 595, 597, 887-Rowlett FLEX)
- Red, Blue Line Customers Reminded to Use Caution As Platform Work Begins at Downtown Plano and Galatyn Park Stations, Effective Monday, March 25, 2019
Other Customer Information:
- DART Parking Information
- DART Severe Winter Weather Operating Plans
- DART Rail and TRE Service to American Airlines Center
DART Rail Construction Alerts