Metro Arlington Xpress (MAX)
(Express Bus Route 221)
Note: Each schedule and map opens in a new separate window.
PDF files can be viewed using Adobe's free Acrobat Reader.
- Work in Downtown Arlington?
- Go to school at UT Arlington?
- Want to get out and explore attractions in Fort Worth, Dallas, and the rest of the Metroplex?
RIDE the MAX!
- Save time, money and gas.
- Cut the stress of your commute - read, relax, surf the web.
- Avoid traffic headaches.
- Get to DFW International Airport.
- Explore the Metroplex!
For only $5, MAX gets you where you need to go!
- Students, seniors and disabled users ride for half price!
- Monthly passes are $80.
- Ride the TRE or any DART or T bus or train for the entire day on which you purchase the pass.
- Purchase tickets at a station or at dartstore.org.
Buses generally run 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday through Friday between the TRE CentrePort/DFW Airport Station and College Park Center/UT Arlington.
for schedules and more information.
Special ID Needed For Students to Ride MAX for Reduced Fare
UTA students are reminded that agency-issued reduced fare IDs - either by DART or The T - are necessary for them to ride the Metro Arlington Xpress (MAX) for the discounted fare. Student identification alone does not qualify.
Under the reduced fare category, a 2-Hour Pass $1.25, and a Day Pass is $2.50. (NOTE: the popular mid-day pass, good for riders between 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. at $1.75, is not sold on MAX but will be accepted by MAX if purchased from another bus or a TVM.)
Currently, the most convenient location for students to purchase a reduced fare ID is the Intermodal Transit Center near Sundance Square in downtown Fort Worth, open 6 a.m.-7 p.m. M-F, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. Sat. Cost for the photo ID is $2. Additional information is available by calling 817-215-8600.
An on-campus ID sales office is expected to open in the near future. Information on the date and location should be posted shortly. Thanks for riding MAX!
Your Guide to Ride
DART's Travel Ambassador Program provides FREE Travel Orientation to anyone who needs a little extra help using public transit (DART's bus and rail service). Click here to learn more.