Instructions for Paying Fare Evasion Citations
If you received a citation for fare evasion, then please be advised that the citation charges you with a violation of a state law. Anytime you are charged with an offense you have the right to consult an attorney, the right to a jury trial if you want one, and the right to plead not guilty.
You must make an appropriate disposition of the case by either an administrative resolution or a judicial resolution as indicated below. If you wish to dispute this case, you must do so through the judicial resolution. You may not dispute the case through an administrative resolution.
If you wish to dispose of this case with an administrative resolution without a declaration of guilt, you must do one of the following WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE OFFENSE DATE as shown on the citation:
- You may pay the $50 administrative fee in person between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday at the DART Store, in the DART Headquarters Building, at 1401 Pacific Avenue, Dallas, Texas. The fee must be paid with cash, cashiers check, money order, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express). Personal checks are not accepted. Cashiers checks or money orders should be made payable to "DART".
- You may pay the $50 administrative fee by mailing a cashiers check or money order payable to "DART" to DART, Attn: Finance Distribution, P.O. Box 660163, Dallas, Texas 75266-7262. Do Not Mail Cash. Personal checks are not accepted. The mailed payment must be received by DART within 30 days of the offense date for the case to be disposed of with an administrative resolution. The citation number must be provided with the mailed payment to ensure proper processing.
- You may pay the $50 administrative fee on-line at www.DARTStore.org by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express).
If you wish to dispose of this case with a judicial resolution or the time period has expired for an administrative resolution, you must make an appropriate disposition of this case as indicated below. Such disposition must be made AFTER 30 DAYS OF THE OFFENSE DATE, BUT ON OR BEFORE THE APPEARANCE DATE shown on the citation.
GUILTY PLEA - PAYMENT OF FINE - If you wish to plead GUILTY to the violation charged against you, you must do one of the following AFTER 30 DAYS OF THE OFFENSE DATE, BUT ON OR BEFORE THE APPEARANCE DATE shown on the citation:
- Sign the statement at the bottom of the back of the citation.
Mail the signed citation and a money order or cashiers check for the full and proper amount PAYABLE TO THE JP COURT LISTED ON THE FRONT OF THE CITATION. The court address information is located on the green copy of the citation or click here.
Do not mail cash. Personal checks are not accepted.
Call the circled number on the green copy of the citation and ask what the fine and court costs are for your alleged violation. By law, the fine for this Class C misdemeanor shall not exceed $500, plus court costs.
- You may pay the fine in person Monday through Friday. Contact the JP Court for hours of operation at the address stated on the green copy of the citation.
JUVENILES - (Ages 14 - 16) - State Law requires that any person under 17 years of age APPEAR IN PERSON before the judge. A Juvenile must be ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT OR GUARDIAN.
If you fail to either make voluntary payment or to set your case for trial BY THE APPEARANCE DATE SHOWN ON THE CITATION, A WARRANT may be issued for your ARREST and/or additional penalties will be added to the amount of the fine. Payment of an insufficient amount does not prevent the issuance of a warrant.
If you have any further questions regarding an administrative resolution, please click here.
If you have any further questions regarding a judicial resolution, please call the Justice of the Peace Court listed on the citation or click here for telephone numbers for Justices of the Peace.