DART SMU ExpressTake an easy ride to class, shopping and fun on DART with a DART Transit Pass. Request your pass through the SMU Parking and ID Card Services Office, and you have unlimited access to DART Rail and buses.
Route 440 SMU Red Express RouteBus Route 440 (SMU Red Express) takes you to campus, popular student apartment areas and nearby stores, services and restaurants. And you can connect to the DART Rail Red, Blue or Orange Line and other buses at SMU/Mockingbird Station.
- When classes are in session:
Runs Monday through Saturday
Hours of operation are approximately 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
View Route 440 schedules
Route 442 SMU Blue Express RouteStudents, faculty and guests discovered a brand new way to get around SMU beginning August 1, 2022 when Route 442 became the SMU Campus Circulator.
Dubbed the Blue Express Route, the new shuttle operates in a clockwise loop, originating on Dyer Street in the East Campus and encircling the Main Campus every half hour from 5:30 a.m. until 11:30 p.m. The complimentary service runs Monday through Friday with the exception of university holidays.
For visitors to the Meadows Museum or the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum, DART's Route 440-SMU Red Express Route continues to provide service from SMU/Mockingbird Station with access to the DART Rail System.
- Hours of operation are Monday through Friday
every half hour from 5:30 a.m. until 11:30 p.m.
View Route 442 schedules
Additional RoutesRoute 17 Skillman
- Operates seven days a week
- Operates seven days a week
- Hours of operation are approximately 5 a.m. to midnight
- Red, Blue and Orange lines serve SMU/Mockingbird Station
Need A Study Break?Check out popular shopping and entertainment destinations near DART Rail stations:
- NorthPark Center and Upper Greenville Avenue (Park Lane Station)
- West Village (Cityplace/Uptown Station)
- The Dallas Arts District including the Dallas Museum of Art and the AT&T Performing Arts Center (Pearl/Arts District Station, St. Paul Station)
- American Airlines Center (Victory Station)
- Fair Park (Fair Park Station and MLK, Jr. Station)
- Dallas Zoo (Dallas Zoo Station)
- Eisemann Center for the Performing Arts (Galatyn Park Station)
- Downtown Plano, the ArtCentre of Plano and the Courtyard Theater (Downtown Plano Station)
- Granville Arts Center (Downtown Garland Station)
- Farmers Branch Historical Park (Farmers Branch Station)
- Downtown Carrollton (Downtown Carrollton Station)
- Las Colinas (Las Colinas Urban Center Station)
DART Rail service to area airports
- Orange Line to DFW International Airport (DFW Airport Station)
- Orange and Green lines to Dallas Love Field Airport (Inwood/Love Field Station and Bus Route 55)
Connect to DART
Customer Care Center (requests, commendations, concerns)
DART Lost & Found
Corporate Passes, Vanpool/Carpool and Bike & Ride Programs
Connect to SMU
For more information, visit www.smu.edu/BusinessFinance/CampusServices/ParkingAndIDCardServices.