DART Construction Alerts
April 27, 2022Overnight Lane Closures Planned for U.S. 75 Central Expressway in Richardson for the DART Silver Line Bridge
Beginning Friday, April 29, both north and southbound HOV lanes of U.S. 75 Central Expressway will be closed for construction of the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) Silver Line bridge in Richardson. Construction is scheduled to continue on Friday and Saturday nights from 9:00 p.m. - 5:00 a.m., through July 24, 2022.
Northbound lane closures will begin just south of Galatyn Parkway in Richardson and extend to the President George Bush Turnpike (PGBT). Southbound lane closure will start in Plano, north of Plano Parkway, and extend to Galatyn Parkway.
Located along Spring Creek just north of Renner Road in Richardson, the bridge will link the CityLine/Bush Station, which also serves the DART Red and Orange light rail lines, to the UT Dallas Station, which is currently under construction.
Silver Line Construction Activity
Archer Western Herzog (AWH), the design-build contractor for the DART Silver Line Regional Rail Project, has field construction activities throughout the Silver Line corridor. As specific activities are scheduled along the corridor, additional notifications will be issued to the communities affected.
Silver Line Construction Schedules
(Links open in a new window)
Any time you undertake a construction project, the possibility for danger is elevated. DART is urging everyone to be extra careful around its facilities, vehicles and especially the construction areas. Here are 10 tips you should know.
- Stop, look and listen for DART vehicles.
- Cross the street or track at designated crosswalks only.
- Never walk, ride or play in front of or behind a DART vehicle.
- Children should always exit the bus through the front door.
- Do not walk, ride or play in a construction area.
- Never walk, ride or play on or near railroad tracks.
- Always stand behind the textured warning strips on rail platforms.
- Be careful when driving or turning across train tracks.
- Never try to beat a train through a crossing.
- Remember: Safety begins with you. Talk to your family.