DART Construction Alerts
July 23, 2021COMMUNITY NOTIFICATION
Silver Line Construction-Hillcrest Lane Closures
Archer Western Herzog (AWH), the design-build contractor for the DART Silver Line Regional Rail Project, will resume field construction activities throughout the Silver Line corridor with lane closures and detours along McCallum and Hillcrest roads.
This work will consist of franchise utility line relocation. The lane closures are scheduled to start July 27, 2021. Construction activity will be conducted within the construction limits set by City of Dallas permit. There will be no access to private property, unless coordinated with the property owner(s) in advance.
Activity will be conducted mainly along Hillcrest between McKamy Blvd. and Crestland Ave., and along McCallum between Stanworth Drive and Meandering Way, with movement of workers and construction equipment on and off public grade crossings.
The nature of the field work being performed includes:
- Concrete saw cutting
- Roadway demolition
- Temporary paving
- Temporary traffic signals at Hillcrest and McCallum and Hillcrest and McKamy
- Temporary illumination
- Installing construction access off roadways
- Long-term/ temporary lane closures
- Trucking haul-off of material spoils and debris
- Utilities (including underground utilities)
A list of equipment with images can be found at: awhcottonbelt.com/community/construction-equipment.
Silver Line Construction Activity
Archer Western Herzog (AWH), the design-build contractor for the DART Silver Line Regional Rail Project, has field construction activities throughout the Silver Line corridor. As specific activities are scheduled along the corridor, additional notifications will be issued to the communities affected.
Silver Line Construction 90-Day Schedules
(July - September 2021)
(PDF files open in a new window)
Any time you undertake a construction project, the possibility for danger is elevated. DART is urging everyone to be extra careful around its facilities, vehicles and especially the construction areas. Here are 10 tips you should know.
- Stop, look and listen for DART vehicles.
- Cross the street or track at designated crosswalks only.
- Never walk, ride or play in front of or behind a DART vehicle.
- Children should always exit the bus through the front door.
- Do not walk, ride or play in a construction area.
- Never walk, ride or play on or near railroad tracks.
- Always stand behind the textured warning strips on rail platforms.
- Be careful when driving or turning across train tracks.
- Never try to beat a train through a crossing.
- Remember: Safety begins with you. Talk to your family.